Texas Hunting Forum

Magellan waders

Posted By: rickym

Magellan waders - 01/02/18 01:41 PM

Anybody know if academy warranties these things?
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Magellan waders - 01/02/18 02:14 PM

Yes they do
Posted By: Youngone2016

Re: Magellan waders - 01/02/18 04:03 PM

I have been using my game winner/ which I am assuming has turned to Magellan this year, because the mode that looks like the mode I bought now says Magellan on them lol. I get wet britches every time I spend time in the water, haven’t used any other waders. I have the breathables
Posted By: Cherokee Mingan

Re: Magellan waders - 01/02/18 07:49 PM

Yes and if you hunt hard enough in them then you will want it
Posted By: lsbrim

Re: Magellan waders - 01/02/18 08:06 PM

So for someone who duck hunts 3-4 times a season, these would be fine?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Magellan waders - 01/02/18 08:08 PM

I hunt in the $80 brown ones from academy... treat them bad too but they last a few seasons easy.. worth the money imo
Posted By: lsbrim

Re: Magellan waders - 01/02/18 08:11 PM

Good to know!
Posted By: claypool

Re: Magellan waders - 01/02/18 09:23 PM

Early last season my waders finally gave up the ghost. I needed waders for the next day. Went to academy and purchased 800 neoprene waders. They are still going strong. I hunt at least 2 days a week. Sometimes walk in, sometimes by boat. Saturday, Sunday, Monday and today they froze solid from waste down. So I say yes, good waders. I hunt with 3 other guys. Each went and purchased game loser waders after academy went to 50% off. It looks like we are sponsored by game loser. We make fun of it all the time, but we are each satisfied with them. I purchased another set of breathable as well, not used as much, but no current issues. 1 of my friends did the same, he has had no issues either. So ther than being childish enough to ashamed of the Game Loser crap written all over they are fine.

That's an honest report as I can give you.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Magellan waders - 01/02/18 10:27 PM

I was asking because I bought a pair December 23rd, hunted in them that weekend, then 3 days this past weekend. Monday morning I thought I felt a leak after busting ice with a tree branch and fetching a duck. When we returned to the cabin I found a 6" wet circle on the inside of my leg where the 3 seams meet. Returned the waders today and spent another $50 to upgrade.
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Magellan waders - 01/03/18 12:30 PM

Get what you pay for. Spend 300 bucks and have a pair for the next decade or two
Posted By: Woodlands Water Turkey

Re: Magellan waders - 01/03/18 06:42 PM

Save the box and receipt and they will replace them.
Posted By: Jeremy_Arnett

Re: Magellan waders - 01/04/18 09:37 PM

Depends on the store. My son had a seem come apart and I took them back and the guy told me he would not be able to resale them. I told him of coarse not they leak. I went to the next Academy and had no problem.
Posted By: yakinthebox

Re: Magellan waders - 01/05/18 01:00 PM

Academy is usually very good on their return policy. I'm having a leak issue on a mid range($200-ish) pair of waders I have. I've tried to remedy it but if my latest attempt fails, I'll probably be hitting up Academy. I will definitely save the box and receipt this time!
Posted By: RiverRunner

Re: Magellan waders - 01/05/18 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Greekangler
Get what you pay for. Spend 300 bucks and have a pair for the next decade or two

Yeah, because all of the $300+ waders don't leak! Banded, Cabelas, Mack's, Lacrosse...all have waders over $300 and they all have some that will leak. Just part of it!

Breathable boot foot are the worst it seems.

I have a pair of Cabelas Dry Plus and a pair of Gator Waders Insulated breathables for colder weather. The Cabelas are the 7th pair I've had in 10yrs...with their return policy/warranty I am done buying them. When these start to leak I will buy the Magellan boot foot breathables or look at an uninsulated pair of Gator Waders.

The Gator Waders are some of the best I've ever worn, but I only have about 10 hunts in them this year. Since they are insulated, they are too hot unless the temp is around 45 degrees or less.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Magellan waders - 01/05/18 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: RiverRunner
Originally Posted By: Greekangler

Yeah, because all of the $300+ waders don't leak! Banded, Cabelas, Mack's, Lacrosse...all have waders over $300 and they all have some that will leak. Just part of it!

Breathable boot foot are the worst it seems.

I have a pair of Cabelas Dry Plus and a pair of Gator Waders Insulated breathables for colder weather. The Cabelas are the 7th pair I've had in 10yrs...with their return policy/warranty I am done buying them. When these start to leak I will buy the Magellan boot foot breathables or look at an uninsulated pair of Gator Waders.

The Gator Waders are some of the best I've ever worn, but I only have about 10 hunts in them this year. Since they are insulated, they are too hot unless the temp is around 45 degrees or less.

Got Gator Waders for this season. First time buying waders that weren’t cheaply priced. So far, I love them. Better mobility than neoprene, the boot is more comfortable than other brands I’ve tried, have a nice big pocket, hand muff, shell carrier, belt and I like the elastic straps because I can just slip them off the shoulder when I need to take a leak.

I hope they hold up, because I really like them.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum