Texas Hunting Forum

Decoys

Posted By: rickym

Decoys - 12/08/17 05:59 PM

Does anyone have experience with the game winner decoys? Im a cheap decoy user, unless given to me, avian wont be a name you'll find in my bag.

Im wondering how id like the game winner decoys in comparison to the primos final approach decoys.
Posted By: KingHunter17

Re: Decoys - 12/08/17 06:08 PM

I was given a few game winner decoys and they broke the first time I used them. They cracked really easy and started leaking. I threw them away. You will spend more money replacing crappy leaky decoys then you will if you just buy good quality the first time.
Posted By: noname124398

Re: Decoys - 12/08/17 06:13 PM

Yeah Game Winners are not good. If you want cheap look into Flambeu Stormfronts. Can often find sales for a dozen for like $30.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Decoys - 12/08/17 06:22 PM

What other cheaper brands would yall recommend for woodies, teal, bluebills, and wigeon?
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Decoys - 12/08/17 07:20 PM

Storm fronts are the best bang for the buck by far. The paint chips but they'll last forever without a crack. Game winners probably won't make the ride home from academy without breaking.
Posted By: RiverRunner

Re: Decoys - 12/08/17 07:43 PM

Stay away from Hardcore as well...game winners and hardcore are both the thinnest, hardest plastic i have ever seen. Had a couple Hardcore gadwall break while setting them in the boat.
Posted By: cannon88

Re: Decoys - 12/08/17 10:04 PM

Buy used. Better decoys for a lower price like you want. Not all used decoys are beat up.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Decoys - 12/09/17 05:11 AM

Storm fronts are the best bang for the buck as far as cheap decoys go. I have a bunch of herters that I catch on sale at cabelas from time to time. For they money they work fine. They may still be on sale right now for like $36/doz
Posted By: BDB

Re: Decoys - 12/09/17 03:16 PM

my 4 dozen Avians will see at least 10 years. After the math thats about $50/year for quality decoys.

But as always get what you can afford and in your budget.
Posted By: Woodlands Water Turkey

Re: Decoys - 12/09/17 08:14 PM

I was given some of the Game Winner carver series pintails and they have held up surprisingly well. 4th year and the paint is still intact and they look really good.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum