Texas Hunting Forum

Layout blind???

Posted By: Youngone2016

Layout blind??? - 11/29/17 07:06 PM

Any of you guys use the Rogers LP goosebuster layout, I hunt mainly walk in spots with pretty good length walks and all my stuff over my shoulder, it looks too fold around the size of a big back pack, for 129.99 it seems like a good deal. I’m just mainly worried about the room inside it.
Posted By: john paul

Re: Layout blind??? - 11/29/17 07:25 PM

Get a rancho safari ghillie blanket instead.
Posted By: GravyWheels

Re: Layout blind??? - 11/29/17 07:45 PM

^ What he said. The ghillie blankets are way better, lower profile and much easier to pack in.

Re: Layout blind??? - 11/29/17 07:57 PM

I appreciate the help!
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Layout blind??? - 11/29/17 10:19 PM

I like the Avery finisher blind
Posted By: 68A

Re: Layout blind??? - 11/29/17 10:51 PM

Have the finisher and the man cave by hard core. The finisher is light, and a quick and easy setup. The man cave is heavy, can be a chore to setup, but has no pins.

That being said, the frame on the man cave is definitely built to last. I have no doubt that frame will outlast me, no problem. I received an extra cover at no charge because the original one has a small tear that happened right before the one year warranty expired. I’ll be using it for a long time. I use it when I can drive up to the spot. Their customer service is also excellent.
The finisher gets the nod on longer walks/floats. The frame and cover are definitely not as stout as the man cave
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Layout blind??? - 11/30/17 02:26 AM

Check out the Delta Waterfowl blind.
It is the best, easiest folder to carry made.
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Layout blind??? - 11/30/17 03:02 AM

Avery power hunter. Have many different ones. Question too general. Depends on application

Re: Layout blind??? - 11/30/17 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Greekangler
Avery power hunter. Have many different ones. Question too general. Depends on application

I actually asked about one specific item in particular, but have received different options.
Posted By: Ojai Hunter

Re: Layout blind??? - 11/30/17 04:00 PM

The only problem with the the Ghillie suit, is if you want to stop at Denny's for breakfast on the way to the blind.,...............
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Layout blind??? - 11/30/17 06:06 PM

For the Roger's one, this is a deal breaker:
- New Lower Profile - only 12" high
- Perfect for any hunter up to 6' tall

The XL version is 19 lbs. Sucks for walking.

For my walk in hunts I've been taking my turkey hunting chair. Low profile and laid back... I just pull some brush up over me. Works fine. If I were to get one for walking in I'd look at one that is just a back rest with a cover you can brush up, like this one: https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/hunting/blinds/layout-blinds/lucky-duck-gear-down-blind.html

If you want a more traditional layout for better cover, I'd look for one with doors. The top flip drives me nuts and I get hung up in them. Cabela's make a mobile version of their Norther Flight blinds, which are good.
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Layout blind??? - 12/06/17 03:15 PM

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/hunting/blinds/layout-blinds/heavy-hauler-flp-layout-blind.html
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum