Texas Hunting Forum

Boat improvements

Posted By: skyshark

Boat improvements - 11/12/17 09:34 PM

Got my wife to stay home and help put the blind on boat.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Boat improvements - 11/12/17 09:36 PM

cheers
Posted By: kman2017

Re: Boat improvements - 11/13/17 01:20 AM

Did you make that blind frame or is it one you bought? Looks pretty solid.
Posted By: Exbellicus

Re: Boat improvements - 11/13/17 02:15 AM

Yeah do you have any pictures of just your frame? Do you plan to spread the grass apart to give yourself a little window to see then stand to shoot?

Re: Boat improvements - 11/14/17 03:18 AM

I had a pics of aluminum welded to the boat so I could mount to it vs poking holes in my foam filled transom. I purchased it from go-devil as a kit. I'm not handy enough to make that.

I did not make a hole in the grass you can adjust the frame so it's higher in the back and low enough to see out in the front. Keeps you pretty hidden

Posted By: erathar

Re: Boat improvements - 11/14/17 03:53 AM

It's nice to see somebody on the forum from around C.C. I'd like to get I to duck hunting down here, but don't have a clue where to start. You in C.C. proper?
Posted By: Wacm

Re: Boat improvements - 11/14/17 04:23 AM

That's an awesome wife... I love mine but she would never do that with me. You need to give her a big hug..:0

Re: Boat improvements - 11/14/17 05:38 PM

Yeah, Everhart and grand junction.
Posted By: Capt.JVH

Re: Boat improvements - 11/14/17 06:11 PM

I had the same blind. I really liked it. You could adjust it easily move around in it well enough. I always found that the academy buckets with swivel tops were the perfect height for that blind. I am glad Yeti had not released their buckets yet. I think I would have been using them instead and been broke because of it.
Posted By: erathar

Re: Boat improvements - 11/15/17 12:38 AM

How does your neighbor like your duck rig parked right there? grin

Re: Boat improvements - 11/15/17 08:20 PM

Ive been using Milk Crates for seats in case I need to get out and use the bank. Then Ill have a seat there too. 1 is too short and 2 is too tall. Ill have to try the bucket thing.

Re: Boat improvements - 11/15/17 08:21 PM

My neighbor has not complained but I can tell you it can be really tough to park if there are people parked in the street!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum