Texas Hunting Forum

This Is Baiting

Posted By: ndhunter

This Is Baiting - 10/03/17 06:07 PM

In case anybody needed an example. Surprised the thought they could get away with doing this

Quote:
Webb County game wardens on patrol encountered eight hunters who seemed to be having great success based on the amount of shooting that they were doing, according to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

Upon contacting the individuals, one of the wardens walked into the field and immediately noticed large amounts of milo scattered throughout the field. Baiting fields to attract migratory game birds during hunting season is illegal, as is hunting dove over bait.

An inspection of one hunter's vehicle revealed two empty bags of milo feed in the truck bed. After speaking with all eight hunters, they admitted to knowingly hunting the baited area, as well as placing the bait the previous day.

The wardens subsequently seized approximately 360 mourning and white-winged doves and cited eight hunters for various hunting and baiting violations.

http://www.lmtonline.com/local/article/doves-seized-as-hunting-violations-reported-12246364.php
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/03/17 06:10 PM

360? Ouch!
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/03/17 06:17 PM

I can't stand scumbags like this.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/03/17 11:39 PM

I'm bettin' that wasn't worth what that fine will be. Might lose their hunting rights for good. I hope they teach them a valuable lesson.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/04/17 01:43 AM

That is going to be a big fine for each hunter. also hope they do loose hunting rights
Posted By: VPLANU

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/04/17 04:10 AM

Wow! They absolutely deserve to lose their hunting privelages!
I've trudged out to the public land in my vicinity two or three times a week trying to get my FIRST birds of the season and these guys are doing what they do.....SMH!
I'll be back out, public hunting, this weekend.... trying to do it the right and LEGAL way!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/04/17 06:51 AM

Originally Posted By: VPLANU
Wow! They absolutely deserve to lose their hunting privelages!
I've trudged out to the public land in my vicinity two or three times a week trying to get my FIRST birds of the season and these guys are doing what they do.....SMH!
I'll be back out, public hunting, this weekend.... trying to do it the right and LEGAL way!

Keep it up, hopefully you will get on the birds.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/04/17 07:53 AM

Possible chance they will just get a reprimand. Maybe not even that... Warden Fried might have been part of the group.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/04/17 08:17 AM

Originally Posted By: blackcoal
Possible chance they will just get a reprimand. Maybe not even that... Warden Fried might have been part of the group.

I am sure they turn themselves in just to make the TPWD field notes. What have you gotten tickets for???

https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/release...7&nrsearch=
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/04/17 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: hook_n_line
360? Ouch!

That one is going to hurt for a while....idiots....
Posted By: a74aggie

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/05/17 12:34 AM

Sounds like dumb and dumber x 8
That's 45 firggin birds each.
Put them under the jail house.

EDUCATION IS WHAT YOU GET FROM READING THE SMALL PRINT. EXPERIENCE IS WHAT YOU GET FROM NOT READING IT
Posted By: woodduckhunter

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/05/17 03:33 PM

sad part about our justice system is that there are people who commit violent crimes towards human beings that "walk", but these people just completely ruined their lives for feeding and shooting birds. white wing limit needs to be raised in certain areas anwyway. or have a white wing limit aside from your 15 mourning doves
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/05/17 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckman
Originally Posted By: blackcoal

I am sure they turn themselves in just to make the TPWD field notes. What have you gotten tickets for???

https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/release...7&nrsearch=

What is your point with the release report? Do you not know about Warden Fried?
Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/05/17 04:51 PM

I am glad they were caught.
Posted By: TooLow

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/05/17 04:55 PM

Stupid idiots
Posted By: bentman

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/05/17 06:19 PM

I know its illegal, but I really don't have a problem with what they did. I would not do it but I also would not pimp them out either.
Posted By: Fowlman

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/07/17 01:59 AM

Other than it being against the law, I don't see any difference between this and hunting dove over a mowed sunflower field or picked corn. Its legal to plant millet and other duck food,flood it and hunt. Its legal to put out corn for deer, hogs and turkeys. The Feds say it's to protect the migratory birds. I call BS on it. Thousands of acres are planted in food by hunters and hunting clubs for the sole purpose of drawing in waterfowl. DU is not bashful about planting thousands of acres of land donated to them and calling it waterfowl sanctuaries No Hunting, except for their big shots with fat wallets. Ok I'm done now.
Posted By: Guy

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/07/17 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Fowlman
Other than it being against the law, I don't see any difference between this and hunting dove over a mowed sunflower field or picked corn.

They would love to make regulation against it, but they can't. What are they to say, Mr Farmer, those wild sunflowers that popped up, you mow them you are restricted from hunting over it? Or you plant corn for crop, you give up your right to hunt your land? I think the law makes sense, it has been well thought out.

You are right tho it is not fair, but the alternative is abusive baiting.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/07/17 03:59 AM

360 birds and 8 hunters? They have more problems than just baiting.
Posted By: Guy

Re: This Is Baiting - 10/07/17 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Grizz
360 birds and 8 hunters? They have more problems than just baiting.

Well that is legal possession. 8 hunters x 15 bird limit per day x 3 day possession limit = 360. Baiting was the issue.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum