Texas Hunting Forum

Duck Club Teal Season Recap

Posted By: Run-N-Gun Adventures

Duck Club Teal Season Recap - 10/02/17 05:31 PM

Recap of our Duck Club's teal season!

Teal season started out on fire for our club thanks to the full moon days before the opener. The first week and middle weekend slowed some, but nothing to complain about. As we came into the second week and closing weekend, things got a little tougher. Given the fact we never got a front or weather change to mix things up at all during the season, we're happy with how it went for the club overall.

Below are the club's final numbers for teal season. Hunts ranged from 2-6ppl per hunt depending on how many members in each group were able to make it on each hunt.

91 hunts
1487 teal harvested
16.34 average hunt
41 limit out hunts

Now we're turning our focus to big duck season and it's shaping up to be a good one. Our club will have plenty of ponds to hunt so that hunting pressure will be rotated and ponds get adequate amount of rest. Food, habitat & roost ponds are vital to the success of any duck hunting operation & our club is no exception. They'll have all that and more and we're excited to see their success come big duck season!

Few pictures our club members sent in below!

Re: Duck Club Teal Season Recap - 10/02/17 05:43 PM

Re: Duck Club Teal Season Recap - 10/02/17 05:47 PM

Posted By: thomas_z71

Re: Duck Club Teal Season Recap - 10/02/17 05:55 PM

Wow, am I reading that to mean over 5 hunts on avg per day? Incredible.
Posted By: woodduckhunter

Re: Duck Club Teal Season Recap - 10/02/17 05:58 PM

I would say yes. they have a LOT of land, make the water, and do everything that you have to do to have a lotta fowl.

Re: Duck Club Teal Season Recap - 10/02/17 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: thomas_z71
Wow, am I reading that to mean over 5 hunts on avg per day? Incredible.

You read that correct. Our club has 15 groups and most of the hunts took place on Sat and Sun, with Fri being the next most hunted day. During teal season each club group can hunt up to 8 mornings over the 16 day season. During the regular season they can only hunt Wed, Sat & Sun mornings.
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Duck Club Teal Season Recap - 10/04/17 02:57 AM

aim clap up
Good job Daniel. I always enjoyed hunting with you.
Very excited to be with you for big duck and Sand Hill crane.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum