Texas Hunting Forum

new duck blind

Posted By: PSE-Madman

new duck blind - 09/24/17 08:07 PM

Tell me what you think? Im tired of wading into flooded trees or shooting from ground blinds. So far we have the skeleton about finished. Next is the panels and door. Planning on installing interior LED lights on a 12 v battery hooked up to a switch and a solar panel. In addition a light bar (ehh maybe/running out of money..) will be hidden somewhere on top (covered) so we can light up the pond when we are throwing out deeks. the plan is to the skin over the plywood with cattle panel so we can weave in cat tails, hay, etc. it should look extremely natural when we are done. after this all we gotta do is pray for rain.

\
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: new duck blind - 09/24/17 08:54 PM

looks good, treated wood the way to go
Posted By: Famous Flames

Re: new duck blind - 09/25/17 03:42 PM

Looks good.

That looks a lot like mine, except mine is about half that long. Consider using cedar fence slats for the front and side and then stain them brown or black. Very natural looking and will last forever with no warping or buckling. Also, I've already had to repaint most of the plywood on the back of mine. The cedar is still dark black streaked with brown and gray natural cedar color.

And cattle panels are the way to go. I've already got all kinds of natural growth in mine after just 2 years. Paint them before you put them on, though. Easier to get a good coat that way. On mine, I stained the cedar black and then painted the panel dark brown and then hit all of it with a bunch of camo spray paint to break it up.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum