Texas Hunting Forum

What's up with all the Trespassers this year

Posted By: outfitter1

What's up with all the Trespassers this year - 08/30/17 02:38 PM

We have always had a few every year but this year in has been nuts. We have Ponies and Cattle on this place, so far this year we have had over 40 guys that have crossed the fence to scout or wonder around the property. The last 2 weeks have been insane . Every day it's 4 or 5 trucks parked on the side with the owners over the fence checking out the property. That does not include the ones who stop and look or drive thru the gate to ask to hunt. And yes there is a sign that states its private no Hunting is allowed and they still drive thru to bug the old man about it. All posts are Purple and signs every 100ft on the roadside of property. Hate to put someone in jail for wanting to hunt but I guess it may have to come down to that.May just be the price to pay for being so close to the Metromess. Sorry For The Rant But It Is a Pain In The A.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: What's up with all the Trespassers this year - 08/30/17 02:46 PM

Save up for a high fence across the front and down the sides past their vision, is all I can suggest. That would drive me nuts.
Posted By: sweetwood

Re: What's up with all the Trespassers this year - 08/30/17 06:34 PM

I would start photographing cars and plates. There's no excuse and they know they're in the wrong.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: What's up with all the Trespassers this year - 08/30/17 07:45 PM

I agree, turn them in or block their vehicles from leaving and call the law.

It's worked for us in the past.
Posted By: nate33

Re: What's up with all the Trespassers this year - 08/30/17 09:12 PM

I cant imagine cops arresting people for that ( trespassing) -------- not that they dont deserve it, but they reserve arrests for much more serious crimes. As a rule the jails are overflowing as it is. 40 guys in the last 2 weeks?? Mabe hire an off duty cop to patrol the hwy on opening weekend.
Posted By: outfitter1

Re: What's up with all the Trespassers this year - 08/31/17 03:08 AM

Well It's been decided 9 guys hunting and carrying other weapons just in case. Friday till Tuesday.
Posted By: Charlie817

Re: What's up with all the Trespassers this year - 09/01/17 08:08 PM

The law is the law, consequences are written into the law. Game wardens also enforce the law. If the property is property posted, which it sounds like it is, then have the law enforced.
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: What's up with all the Trespassers this year - 09/02/17 01:45 AM

Maybe some lease scammer has the property listed on Craigslist.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: What's up with all the Trespassers this year - 09/03/17 03:04 AM

what?
Posted By: Wildphilhickup

Re: What's up with all the Trespassers this year - 09/03/17 04:01 AM

"That does not include the ones who stop and look or drive thru the gate to ask to hunt."

Not illegal, . . . Close and LOCK the Gate.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum