Texas Hunting Forum

Goose hunting

Posted By: Texaspilot

Goose hunting - 08/17/17 02:42 PM

I'm getting interested in huntIng for goose. I have no idea what is involved. Could someone just tell me what a typical goose hunt is like?
Posted By: bentman

Re: Goose hunting - 08/17/17 02:54 PM

Where would you like to hunt? Are you wanting to shoot white, or dark geese? Your question is vague, need more details. I chase dark geese all over the country, I really like shoiting the Giants in Ia, Nd, & Sd. If it's really cold with snow on the ground you can get into the ducks also while goose hunting.
Posted By: bentman

Re: Goose hunting - 08/17/17 02:54 PM

Where would you like to hunt? Are you wanting to shoot white, or dark geese? Your question is vague, need more details. I chase dark geese all over the country, I really like shoiting the Giants in Ia, Nd, & Sd. If it's really cold with snow on the ground you can get into the ducks also while goose hunting.

Re: Goose hunting - 08/17/17 03:04 PM

The geese I was thinking of are Canada geese, which I believe would be dark?
Posted By: GLASSLC

Re: Goose hunting - 08/17/17 03:14 PM

Texaspilot

We hunt Canada Geese quite often and would be glad to answer any questions you may have about them and our hunts

Thanks
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Goose hunting - 08/17/17 04:20 PM

Bryan y'all hurt the big geese in September don't you?
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Goose hunting - 08/17/17 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: ducknbass
Bryan y'all hurt the big geese in September don't you?

Those are teal!
Posted By: HicksHunter

Re: Goose hunting - 08/19/17 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: GLASSLC
Texaspilot

We hunt Canada Geese quite often and would be glad to answer any questions you may have about them and our hunts

Thanks

I've heard great things about your hunts, and I actually got invited to come along with a buddy for a goose hunt on Sep 9. Looking forward to it very much!
Posted By: kweber

Re: Goose hunting - 08/19/17 03:30 AM

oh yeah!
rag spreads...
cut rice field..
rubber boots and Tyvek covers...
we'd fight over the canvas bags that had the rags...
lay up on a levee...
12ga 870's w/4's and 2's..
specks, snows and blues...
a Canada was trophy
Posted By: GLASSLC

Re: Goose hunting - 08/21/17 07:10 PM

HicksHunter we are looking forward to it up

Re: Goose hunting - 08/22/17 12:35 PM

I only have 2 days off for the early season, the 11 and the 18, and I need to try and stay within about an hour or so of Houston..,
Posted By: rickym

Re: Goose hunting - 08/22/17 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Texaspilot
I only have 2 days off for the early season, the 11 and the 18, and I need to try and stay within about an hour or so of Houston..,

Your gonna want to start lookin at the katy/ sealy/ eagle lake prairie. I believe theres public hunting ground between waller and Brookshire. Otherwise I'd start calling outfitters from the area.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum