Texas Hunting Forum

Rusty has 1,200 retrieves since January!

Posted By: Cappy_TX

Rusty has 1,200 retrieves since January! - 05/16/17 11:46 PM

Golf balls that is. wink We go out on the golf course we live on several times a week and I throw bumpers and frisbees for my boy on fairways where nobody is playing. Along the way we tend to find lost golf balls and it's grown to quite a number so far this year. I donated 500 of them this morning back to the club who offers them at a low price to youngsters and newbies. Rusty also gets to deliver some of the balls to golfers we see on the course who've come to know him by name. I release him from the cart, give him a ball and he delivers it to hand to a happy recipient. Rusty usually gets some loving from the gals and he really likes that ... alot! btw ... those milk crates in the back row each hold 300+ balls so that'll give you an idea of how many we still have at home now.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Rusty has 1,200 retrieves since January! - 05/17/17 12:13 AM

My FiL lives on a large golf course, and during the evenings he would take his dachshund out and the dog would head to the rough. Dog preferred killing rats and skunks but those silly round balls were a good substitute.
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Rusty has 1,200 retrieves since January! - 05/17/17 01:27 AM

Cappy, I'd like to get an order of 5 dozen Pro-v1s for my Dad.

I'd like the same for myself in the bridgestone e6s or Srixon Soft Feel white. cheers

Re: Rusty has 1,200 retrieves since January! - 05/17/17 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Hopedale
Cappy, I'd like to get an order of 5 dozen Pro-v1s for my Dad.

I'd like the same for myself in the bridgestone e6s or Srixon Soft Feel white. cheers

I've passed your request along to Rusty. He's more of a Mojo fan but will see what he can do for you.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Rusty has 1,200 retrieves since January! - 05/18/17 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Cappy_TX
Golf balls that is. wink We go out on the golf course we live on several times a week and I throw bumpers and frisbees for my boy on fairways where nobody is playing. Along the way we tend to find lost golf balls and it's grown to quite a number so far this year. I donated 500 of them this morning back to the club who offers them at a low price to youngsters and newbies. Rusty also gets to deliver some of the balls to golfers we see on the course who've come to know him by name. I release him from the cart, give him a ball and he delivers it to hand to a happy recipient. Rusty usually gets some loving from the gals and he really likes that ... alot! btw ... those milk crates in the back row each hold 300+ balls so that'll give you an idea of how many we still have at home now.
you let him deliver to just the female golfers? bounce

Re: Rusty has 1,200 retrieves since January! - 05/18/17 07:58 PM

[/quote]you let him deliver to just the female golfers? bounce [/quote]

Yup ... His Daddy's no fool.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum