Texas Hunting Forum

Flock a flicker

Posted By: beaversnipe

Flock a flicker - 01/13/17 03:58 AM

Anyone using them?

Posted By: john paul

Re: Flock a flicker - 01/13/17 02:12 PM

Bought 6 and all are broken now. Any mojo product does not do well in brackish water, especially ones that sit in the water and leak.
Posted By: Kilo11

Re: Flock a flicker - 01/13/17 06:01 PM

Looks like something that would get their attention from a distance...and then get too much attention when the birds are working. I'll pass.
Posted By: john paul

Re: Flock a flicker - 01/13/17 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Kilo11
Looks like something that would get their attention from a distance...and then get too much attention when the birds are working. I'll pass.

They do work very well. I have a ton of ducks try to land right by them. They just aren't well made.
Posted By: erv

Re: Flock a flicker - 01/13/17 07:35 PM

I plan on picking up a few for next teal season
Posted By: RayB

Re: Flock a flicker - 01/13/17 08:25 PM

I asked this before and didn't get an answer, at the risk of showing my ignorance. Has anybody thought of mounting one on the back of an old decoy. Cut a hole in the back with a hole saw just big enough to fit it in. This should keep it out of the water and one person said his dog made them turn over when it entered the water, this would help with that also. confused2
Posted By: Blake E.

Re: Flock a flicker - 01/13/17 08:29 PM

Great in the fields
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Flock a flicker - 01/14/17 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Barny Topwater
I asked this before and didn't get an answer, at the risk of showing my ignorance. Has anybody thought of mounting one on the back of an old decoy. Cut a hole in the back with a hole saw just big enough to fit it in. This should keep it out of the water and one person said his dog made them turn over when it entered the water, this would help with that also. confused2

Thinking outside the box up That's a good idea, one way to recycle old dekes. Instead of using a hole saw, use a utility knife to cut a hatch in the top. Rivet a small hinge on one side, use a Velcro fastener on the other end. Piece of cake.

I used old pool chlorine puck floaters to make a few but they didn't seem to make a difference.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum