Texas Hunting Forum

Today was a cold one

Posted By: wal1809

Today was a cold one - 01/08/17 11:31 PM

We layed the smack down on the wooducka this morning. It was so cold I left the dog in the kennel in the blind until we were done and then let her get the birds. She could hardly bust the ice it was so thick. Beautiful day.
Posted By: Misfire

Re: Today was a cold one - 01/08/17 11:45 PM

Awesome job!

Posted By: Jacob645

Re: Today was a cold one - 01/09/17 12:06 AM

I looked down and saw this when I got to my spot this morning in Nacogdoches.

Posted By: Fowlman

Re: Today was a cold one - 01/09/17 01:08 AM

Nice work sir. up
Posted By: BDB

Re: Today was a cold one - 01/09/17 01:38 AM

yesterday was COLD. My truck registered 4 degrees and my buddies 3 degrees when we rolled into deer camp at 2:30 sat morning. Had to bust ice with my boat. we never made it to our spot though as I called off the journey and set up in another spot. No ducks sat. Today a 4 man limit. Thank goodness the temps got up in the 30's sat afternoon and the wind did the rest...our hole was open for business today!
Posted By: Charlie817

Re: Today was a cold one - 01/09/17 03:02 AM

Nice hunt Wal! Respect to you for thinking of your dog! cheers

Re: Today was a cold one - 01/09/17 11:40 AM

Once she got through we got her back in the blind and wrapped up with my coat. Dogs can take a lot of my extremes but they have to get used to that. Texas dogs don't get to experience those extreme enough to get used to them. They can get hypothermia pretty easy.
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Today was a cold one - 01/09/17 08:55 PM

Nice haul! And it was pretty darn cold. My buddy got his gloves wet picking up dekes and they kept freezing to everything he touched. grin

Floor of the boat was a sheet of ice. I like to stand while going through timber for a better angle, but that wasn't happening. And this is what happens when a greenhead's face gets frozen to the deck of the boat...

May have found a way to pluck em faster...

Re: Today was a cold one - 01/09/17 10:13 PM

We didn't see a freenhead all morning long. The roost pond only had 5 drakes on it. It's funny about the gloves, line did the same thing.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum