Texas Hunting Forum

First Duck Hunt Coming Up

Posted By: TAP8752

First Duck Hunt Coming Up - 01/06/17 04:36 PM

I have several buddies who have duck hunted for years and I have never gone. I am giving in and will be going on my first duck hunt soon. If it's as addictive as they say I might be divorced and poor soon ha. Thank god my wife grew up in the woods and loves to hunt as much as I do maybe that will be my saving grace. Any advice for a newbie going on their first one is sure appreciated.
Posted By: Kilo11

Re: First Duck Hunt Coming Up - 01/06/17 04:39 PM

Monitor this thread ( http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6618863/duck_hunt_help-newbie!#Post6618863) and disregard my facetious post within it.

Mainly, follow your guide's instructions to the letter (if you don't know what to do, ASK), be safe, and HAVE FUN.
Posted By: TAP8752

Re: First Duck Hunt Coming Up - 01/06/17 04:46 PM

I am not going with a guide. I am going with buddies on a lease place they have. But thanks. New to the forum and still trying to figure out how everything works. I should have read before posting.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: First Duck Hunt Coming Up - 01/06/17 04:52 PM

There is a ton of information on here, it will begin to take up your free time easily, but also you will be learning a lot at the same time.
Posted By: Kilo11

Re: First Duck Hunt Coming Up - 01/06/17 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: TAP8752
I am not going with a guide. I am going with buddies on a lease place they have. But thanks. New to the forum and still trying to figure out how everything works. I should have read before posting.

Ah, I misread your post. Either way, be safe and HAVE FUN. Good luck, hope you get into them good.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum