Texas Hunting Forum

Calling all Air Boat Experts!

Posted By: N.Tx

Calling all Air Boat Experts! - 01/03/17 06:08 PM

Have the option to trade my current duck boat (Center Console w/ outboard) for an Air Boat.

I don't really have much knowledge with Air Boats but am intrigued with the possibility.

Anyone available for me to PM with some questions / concerns?

Thanks for the help!
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Calling all Air Boat Experts! - 01/03/17 06:24 PM

Send it

Re: Calling all Air Boat Experts! - 01/03/17 06:38 PM

I should have prefaced that with, "I am in no way an expert".
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Calling all Air Boat Experts! - 01/03/17 07:19 PM

Both benefits and drawbacks. The area you'll primarily use it needs to be a big factor (legal? Stumps? Deep water? Etc.)

Fun and effective, but dangerous and requires frequent repairs (especially when inexperienced drivers get on the stick, or it's not properly maintained)

I've been around, operated several for work and they are my favorite boats...but I've seen enough invoices on repairs to know I'll never want to own one.

Main thing is to have a network of people that can get you when you either get stuck or break down where only airboats can get...it will happen.

Airboat specific forums may help.

Feel free to send any specific questions
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Calling all Air Boat Experts! - 01/03/17 07:38 PM

Airboattalk.com

Re: Calling all Air Boat Experts! - 01/03/17 07:57 PM

I have a network of friends I met on airboat.com Ricky if you read this, I mean you particularly. There others but you really are there when I need your input. etxjmart I can introduce you to some great airboat people. They have a big rally in Marlin every year.
Posted By: N.Tx

Re: Calling all Air Boat Experts! - 01/03/17 08:18 PM

Wal, PM sent. TXPride thanks for the advice up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum