Texas Hunting Forum

My daughter is hooked on ducks!

Posted By: HuntCrafted

My daughter is hooked on ducks! - 11/28/16 04:39 PM

It's taken a while to get her out to hunt as she is very conflicted about being the only girl and leaving her sisters behind but finally got her out over the Thanksgiving holiday and she loved it. Was way more into it than my 10 year old son who loves to "hunt" but really just likes playing in the woods. She was yelling at me for my misses and was able to see ducks coming in just before dawn that my old eyes couldn't see at all!

The only bad news is that we limited on both hunts which isn't normal for this time of year and she was counting them out loud and yelling "one more, one more!" when we almost had our limit. Not gonna be pretty on a slow day but made some great memories!

Posted By: rolliedingers

Re: My daughter is hooked on ducks! - 11/28/16 04:47 PM

Man, this is awesome. If and when I'm lucky enough to have a daughter, I hope she takes a liking to hunting!
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: My daughter is hooked on ducks! - 11/28/16 04:53 PM

Love these pix!

Re: My daughter is hooked on ducks! - 11/28/16 05:07 PM

Thanks! Honestly its a little bittersweet as I was having the conversations with her that I've wanted to have with my son but he's not there yet and I'm not putting any pressure on him. But at the same time having them both out there is such a great experience for all of us that its hard to really complain about anything at all.

She also made them all dab for the ducks!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: My daughter is hooked on ducks! - 11/28/16 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave Speer
Love these pix!
Posted By: A-Bolt71

Re: My daughter is hooked on ducks! - 11/28/16 08:25 PM

Looks like everyone had fun.
up
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: My daughter is hooked on ducks! - 11/29/16 05:21 AM

That is pretty awesome, like the dapping.
Posted By: duskyduck

Re: My daughter is hooked on ducks! - 11/29/16 03:13 PM

Tremendous!
Posted By: smirly22

Re: My daughter is hooked on ducks! - 12/01/16 05:08 AM

Thats so awesome! Just found out we are pregant with our first. Girl or boy doesnt matter at all, just hope they are healthy and give hunting a chance.
Posted By: Guy

Re: My daughter is hooked on ducks! - 12/01/16 02:03 PM

Awesome, great pics!
Posted By: RayB

Re: My daughter is hooked on ducks! - 12/01/16 02:39 PM

Don't put an abundance of pressure on the boy but do keep asking him to go. My son always asks why I didn't take him more. All I can say is I asked and you told me you didn't like going. Then he comes back from the Marines and tells me I should have asked more confused2

Re: My daughter is hooked on ducks! - 12/01/16 02:48 PM

Congrats smirly22!

Barny - good advice. He loves going so I'll just stick with it. I could fill an entire gallery of photos with him sleeping in blinds. The best part is he always wakes up and asks if we shot anything???

Posted By: Hogman4127

Re: My daughter is hooked on ducks! - 12/01/16 02:55 PM

Making memories is what its all about.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: My daughter is hooked on ducks! - 12/01/16 02:58 PM

Watch that dab!

Looks like they havin fun cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum