Texas Hunting Forum

How are the ducks flying?

Posted By: Chunky Monkey

How are the ducks flying? - 11/17/16 03:51 PM

How much action are you guys seeing on the coast from Corpus to Galveston?
Posted By: Limit Extender

Re: How are the ducks flying? - 11/17/16 05:26 PM

Check in with Will Granberry down there. I've hunted with him the 2 times I have gone to the coast and he is a world class guide. He'll be able to update you on the coastal report.
Posted By: Gacman

Re: How are the ducks flying? - 11/17/16 11:40 PM

I found this on the world wide web. Maybe it will help you understand.

"So the shape of the wing and the ability to move it through the air are the two things needed for bird and plane flight. Birds use their strong breast muscles to flap their wings and give them the thrust to move throught the air and fly. In a way, birds use a swimming motion to get the lift needed to fly.
Posted By: JordanLane

Re: How are the ducks flying? - 11/18/16 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Gacman

"So the shape of the wing and the ability to move it through the air are the two things needed for bird and plane flight. Birds use their strong breast muscles to flap their wings and give them the thrust to move throught the air and fly. In a way, birds use a swimming motion to get the lift needed to fly.

Irrelevant
Posted By: TxDuck24

Re: How are the ducks flying? - 11/18/16 08:54 PM

Redheads
Pintails
Wigeons
And teal

In POC

Hoping to see more when the front pushes through
Posted By: Indyoshi

Re: How are the ducks flying? - 11/18/16 09:40 PM

Galveston area: little slow but pintail, GWT, redheads, merganser, and even a flock of woodies
Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: How are the ducks flying? - 11/18/16 09:51 PM

woot
Posted By: Gacman

Re: How are the ducks flying? - 11/18/16 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzard Breath

woot

Thank you. I thought it was hilarious.
Posted By: Chunky Monkey

Re: How are the ducks flying? - 11/21/16 03:19 PM

I went out near Sargent on Saturday morning and saw lots of Teal, redheads, pintails and spoonies, lots of geese too.

They were flying but not really liking my spread. Had a few take a look but would carry on.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum