Texas Hunting Forum

Cooking duck...

Posted By: Guy

Cooking duck... - 11/15/16 01:42 AM

Cooked these teal yesterday on my outside cast iron griddle, dang was it good. This was appetizer before I threw my steak on. Leaving the skin on adds great flavor. Cooked perfectly.

Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/15/16 02:45 AM

Looks good
Posted By: TxDuck24

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/15/16 02:52 AM

Looks tasty
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/15/16 04:29 AM

I'd eat that

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/15/16 01:45 PM

I wouldn't try this with a ringer or spoonie. loser8
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/15/16 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Guy

Can you post a pic of the griddle. I am looking for a griddle for the ductoon. Also where and how much?

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/15/16 02:24 PM

I got it for camping, it goes on a 2 burner propane camp cooker, but I use it at home all the time on my gas grill, just lay it on top....

I got it from Cabelas, link below. They got different sizes, but I got the 24 x 16 inch. I also got a travel bag for it.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Camp-Chef-Professional-Flat-Top-Griddle-x/1441230.uts

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/15/16 02:46 PM

Thank you guy. I might have to go on and get one. I cooked pancakes for 4 the other day. I had to make it for one person at a time. I could easily make breakfast for everyone with a large griddle like that.

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/15/16 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: wal1809
Thank you guy. I might have to go on and get one. I cooked pancakes for 4 the other day. I had to make it for one person at a time. I could easily make breakfast for everyone with a large griddle like that.

Yeah it's great for breakfast, huevos rancheros is my favorite to cook. Probably 95% of the people that buy it buy it for breakfast, but I use it for everything now. Cleaning it I just scrape with a spatula, spray with oil.

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/15/16 03:22 PM

Yeah it's great for breakfast, huevos rancheros is my favorite to cook. Probably 95% of the people that buy it buy it for breakfast, but I use it for everything now. Cleaning it I just scrape with a spatula, spray with oil.

I had a 100 year old cast iron one but someone made off wit it.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/15/16 06:32 PM

I'd eat all that. We got one of those cast iron cooktops for a 3 burner stove at the lease. You can cook the heck out of it. It is awesome to cook on. Easy to clean.
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/15/16 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckman
I'd eat all that. We got one of those cast iron cooktops for a 3 burner stove at the lease. You can cook the heck out of it. It is awesome to cook on. Easy to clean.

food food up
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/15/16 11:05 PM

Can you post a pic of the griddle. I am looking for a griddle for the ductoon. Also where and how much?

I bought one of these couple of months back. Great for backyard, folds up for road trips, tailgates or the ducktoon !

Pretty sweet for 130.00 bucks.

https://www.blackstoneproducts.com/

Merc
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/16/16 05:58 AM

This one is a little bigger and the griddle that goes ($129 extra) with it fits the whole top. Might be overkill for the ducktoon but works great at deer camp.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/camp-chef-big-gas-iii-grill/1168730.uts

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/16/16 01:51 PM

This one is a little bigger and the griddle that goes ($129 extra) with it fits the whole top. Might be overkill for the ducktoon but works great at deer camp.

The griddle I got (16 X 24) fits perfectly over a 2 burner.

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/16/16 04:20 PM

Thats what I am looking for. My burner is 30 inches wide. For 30 bucks more that is perfect. That allows for cooler areas and extremely hot areas on the griddle. I can put butter on the cooler area and flip a hotcake onto the melted butter and onto a plate for my people. Smearing hard butter on a pancake is my defintion of being sent to h3!!
Posted By: Spacemonkey

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/17/16 02:10 PM

That stinks. You just can't beat the old cast iron. The new stuff is nowhere near as good as the old!!

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/17/16 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Spacemonkey

That stinks. You just can't beat the old cast iron. The new stuff is nowhere near as good as the old!!

I could not agree with you more.
Posted By: GoBears870

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/17/16 03:51 PM

How many of you have tried roasting a whole bird?

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/17/16 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: GoBears870

I have.
Posted By: FowlDreams

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/17/16 04:04 PM

I Cooked a canvasback breast the same way last night. Med rare perfection
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/23/16 04:33 AM

Cooked these teal yesterday on my outside cast iron griddle, dang was it good. This was appetizer before I threw my steak on. Leaving the skin on adds great flavor. Cooked perfectly.

Making me hungry. Teal are the best tasting. You got that griddle thing down.
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Cooking duck... - 11/23/16 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By: GoBears870

I beer canned a couple the other night. Very good.
Posted By: gitthanet

Re: Cooking duck... - 12/07/16 04:27 PM

^^^^ I smoke whole birds....even smoked ringers are edible.
Posted By: triggerbowtx

Re: Cooking duck... - 12/07/16 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: gitthanet
^^^^ I smoke whole birds....even smoked ringers are edible.

There is a difference between edible and good.
Posted By: GO REBS

Re: Cooking duck... - 12/07/16 11:57 PM

1/2 coke and 1/2 soy sauce is a great marinade
Posted By: ChiefLA3

Re: Cooking duck... - 12/08/16 04:49 AM

Those will eat son
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum