Texas Hunting Forum

Boat registration

Posted By: Fishuhalik

Boat registration - 11/14/16 12:25 PM

Quick question. I'm bringing a small 12' boat back from North Dakota this week. Does it have to be registered if it jus has a little trolling motor? I know it doesn't if it's manpowered, but what about a small trolling motor?
Posted By: ken starling

Re: Boat registration - 11/14/16 12:33 PM

Yes.
Posted By: Spacemonkey

Re: Boat registration - 11/14/16 05:18 PM

Any boat regardless of size if under power by either electric or gas motor must be registered. If you are buying it make sure you get the signed title if it has ever been titled and a bill of sale or you won't be able to register it.

http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/boat/owner/titles_and_registration/
Posted By: Fishuhalik

Re: Boat registration - 11/15/16 04:15 AM

Right on. Thanks guys! I'm gonna check with TPWD on this one, but the reason he's giving it to me is cuz he visits every year and he wants to keep it down here for when he comes. I was wondering if it can stay in his name, with MN registration, and I still use it. Guess we'll find out
Posted By: john paul

Re: Boat registration - 11/15/16 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishuhalik
Right on. Thanks guys! I'm gonna check with TPWD on this one, but the reason he's giving it to me is cuz he visits every year and he wants to keep it down here for when he comes. I was wondering if it can stay in his name, with MN registration, and I still use it. Guess we'll find out

Yes but if checked just tell the GW that it stays in Minnesota for most of the year. We register our duck boat in Mississipi because we have a house there and use it there during the summer for fishing. Only $26 to register it in Mississippi.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum