What's going on?

Posted By: Hopedale

What's going on? - 11/12/16 04:54 PM

No roll call

No post'em up picks

Nothing. confused2
Posted By: pervis

Re: What's going on? - 11/12/16 05:19 PM

Kind of thought the same. I'm on the road at work. I enjoy the comments and pictures, helps pass the time and keeps me ready for my days off. Il be out wed and Thurs this coming week
Posted By: sallysue

Re: What's going on? - 11/12/16 05:38 PM

Slow Slow this morning
Posted By: M Wilson

Re: What's going on? - 11/12/16 07:09 PM

Saw a lot of birds flying but they just wouldn't come in. I guess I need to work on my calling
Posted By: dallasdawg

Re: What's going on? - 11/12/16 07:58 PM

Had about a dozen come in 10 minutes before legal; about 3-4 groups. Flew off before legal. Then two GWT came in just after legal. Got those. Didn't see anything after that. Heard some geese, but never saw them.
Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: What's going on? - 11/12/16 08:08 PM

Birds were steady until about 8:30am. Shot a few and had fun.
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: What's going on? - 11/12/16 08:18 PM

Not a bad opener.

Re: What's going on? - 11/12/16 08:18 PM

Well as the saying goes, "the are no birds in central texas!" I think I heard maybe 5 shots and of course it was off in the distance. I think some local birds or catfish died.

It was nice to be able to go.
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: What's going on? - 11/12/16 10:12 PM

saw 50+ no wind early, 2 gaddies, 2 GWT- 2 guns-hunted Snipe afterwards we got 10 in 45 minutes- last year flooded- this year normal water levels- no divers- nice groups of gadwalls but wouldn't commit early. NNE wind kicked up had one group commit and 2 single GWT come in- beautiful day
Posted By: BDB

Re: What's going on? - 11/12/16 10:12 PM

Good lord. I hunted a lake I've not hunted before. Got to the ramp at 4. 8 rigs already there. I had 3 spots scouted out. I barley got to my third before it was taken. First 2 was LONG gone taken lol. Saw lots of birds that would not work. 1 canvasback in the bag.

Should have maybe deer hunted.
Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: What's going on? - 11/13/16 12:58 AM

I would've went just for the canvasback
Posted By: Shinski

Re: What's going on? - 11/13/16 01:46 AM

Shot a redhead flying with a group of mallards.. Weird

Posted By: hunting_guy

Re: What's going on? - 11/13/16 02:49 AM

We killed 4 gadwall and 1 merganser. Saw 12 ducks total. I was working my newest lab on his first duck hunt, so I paid attention to him more than shooting ducks. Not bad for what I'd been seeing... unfortunately I checked the other 2 spots we have after hunted and no ducks.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: What's going on? - 11/13/16 03:32 AM

4 man limit. Should have been easier than it was. We had lots and lots of ducks but as usual concealment was a challenge at this particular spot which made it hard to get them to finish. We still got our limits but was pretty sickening to see group after group flare.

Re: What's going on? - 11/13/16 03:44 AM

Plan on going in the am and will be happy to get a ring neck.
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: What's going on? - 11/13/16 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Hopedale
Plan on going in the am and will be happy to get a ring neck.

Hunting in am
Posted By: phat694

Re: What's going on? - 11/13/16 06:11 PM

I'm in SE Kansas taking care of family business, bucks are chasing does and turkeys are out. Mid to low 30's at night. I've only seen a few wood ducks in the back area creeks. Big ducks haven't made a big presence here yet.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum