Texas Hunting Forum

Having to Hang it up.

Posted By: outfitter1

Having to Hang it up. - 11/08/16 04:35 PM

After 56 years I'm having to hangup my waders. I can no longer wade, set decoys due to some serious health problems. May still get to do some field hunts but that's to be seen. So I have put some Items up in the classifieds, take alook. Hope everyone has a great season and I will live Vicariously through your post and Pics. Thanks
Posted By: Grego

Re: Having to Hang it up. - 11/08/16 08:42 PM

check your pm
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Having to Hang it up. - 11/09/16 01:02 AM

Sorry to hear that.

I hunt like every day is my last. Sucks to think about it but for all of us, one day, it will be our last.
Posted By: FowlDreams

Re: Having to Hang it up. - 11/09/16 01:21 AM

What about maybe booking a couple guided hunts? Most good guides can probably accommodate your needs. Just let them know in advance.
Posted By: ken starling

Re: Having to Hang it up. - 11/09/16 01:52 AM

Good guy, meet him when buying some stuff earlier in the year. Lots of stories
Posted By: outfitter1

Re: Having to Hang it up. - 11/09/16 01:43 PM

Thanks Ken ,never thought when I said I needed to pair things down did I know a doctors checkup would basically end my duck hunting
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Having to Hang it up. - 11/09/16 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: outfitter1
Thanks Ken ,never thought when I said I needed to pair things down did I know a doctors checkup would basically end my duck hunting

I am sorry it has come to that for you. Cold you make some hunts, as in drive up to the blind and step in kind of hunts?
Posted By: tinkerbell

Re: Having to Hang it up. - 11/09/16 06:19 PM

PMed you about some of the gear
Posted By: duckslayer1206

Re: Having to Hang it up. - 11/10/16 12:56 AM

I had the privilege to meet outfitter1 this afternoon picking up decoys and he is awesome. I was sad to see a fellow hunter having to stop, but I did appreciate the deals. I could sit around and listen to hunting stories and tips all day, hands down a great guy.
Posted By: rca14

Re: Having to Hang it up. - 11/10/16 03:13 PM

Feel your pain. Back Surgery back in April has put a end to my 40 plus years of snow goose hunting. The arthritis is slowing down my duck hunting now. Looks like the pain will ended it soon. Good luck with everything. Keep you in our prayers.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Having to Hang it up. - 11/11/16 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: outfitter1
After 56 years I'm having to hangup my waders. I can no longer wade, set decoys due to some serious health problems. May still get to do some field hunts but that's to be seen. So I have put some Items up in the classifieds, take alook. Hope everyone has a great season and I will live Vicariously through your post and Pics. Thanks
I don't water fowl, after back surgery I know your feeling, I try to stay as active as I can which is better than sitting on the couch. good luck
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum