Texas Hunting Forum

Duck hunting on Rayburn

Posted By: DPirates80

Duck hunting on Rayburn - 11/07/16 02:27 PM

I was up at the camp deer hunting in national forest close to the back of a creek, and I sat there in my stand and heard alot, I mean a lot of shotgun fires. I know there couldn't be that many ducks in that creek. lol or could I be wrong, anybody ever hunt on lake Sam Rayburn? Or possibly just shooting for fun. I know it was shotgun though. Lets just say it was annoying the crap out of me trying to score a buck. lol
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Duck hunting on Rayburn - 11/07/16 02:39 PM

i shot my fair share of woodies and bluebill growing up on Rayburn.. may have taken a box and a half back when I was in high school, but we got it done.. lots of water in that lake..

Re: Duck hunting on Rayburn - 11/07/16 02:44 PM

Man these guys were going after it, shots after shots. started to think maybe I should've came to duck hunt instead of deer hunt lol
Posted By: woodduckhunter

Re: Duck hunting on Rayburn - 11/07/16 03:48 PM

were they shooting in traditional duck hunting type "volleys"? could have possibly been squirrel hunters. don't believe season would open there until the 12th

Re: Duck hunting on Rayburn - 11/07/16 04:06 PM

It was two shots back to back then rest for about 30 seconds to a minute. I don't think they were on land. I was good 300 yds inland but heard their boat crank up and leave out after a solid 3 hrs of shooting. They could have been parking then squirrel hunting but damn that's a lot of squirrels. lol
Posted By: TxDuck24

Re: Duck hunting on Rayburn - 11/07/16 05:11 PM

North zone hasn't started yet

Re: Duck hunting on Rayburn - 11/07/16 05:13 PM

They must have been shooting squirrels or shooting clay probably.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Duck hunting on Rayburn - 11/07/16 05:53 PM

Outlaws.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Duck hunting on Rayburn - 11/07/16 06:00 PM

youth season has

Re: Duck hunting on Rayburn - 11/07/16 07:34 PM

Well maybe they had youngins out there shooting up some ducks, they were outlawing, or shooting squirrels. I figure they would've made a whole lot more noise and voices if they were just playing around.
Posted By: pervis

Re: Duck hunting on Rayburn - 11/08/16 01:42 AM

I heard people banging yesterday too. I'm pretty sure it's guys who don't know the season opener date changed. I heard steady shooting too it was not normal
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Duck hunting on Rayburn - 11/08/16 02:28 AM

troll
Posted By: Misfire

Re: Duck hunting on Rayburn - 11/09/16 12:21 AM

Is there anyway you can post a google maps image with a pin drop in the vicinity you were hearing the shooting coming from? I'm having trouble understanding what was going on and a visual aid would be very beneficial.

Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Duck hunting on Rayburn - 11/09/16 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Misfire
Is there anyway you can post a google maps image with a pin drop in the vicinity you were hearing the shooting coming from? I'm having trouble understanding what was going on and a visual aid would be very beneficial.

roflmao

Perfect.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum