Texas Hunting Forum

Need Help.

Posted By: REW

Need Help. - 11/07/16 01:42 AM

My wife and I have NEVER hunted ducks before, and don't know anything about it, but want to try it. Are there any guides out there that take beginners out.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Need Help. - 11/07/16 02:09 AM

Call captain Kendricks. He is on this forum all the time.
Posted By: MWO

Re: Need Help. - 11/07/16 06:06 PM

We take everyone!!
I run classes every year with texas parks and wildlife to teach kids and inexperienced waterfowlers the basics of duck hunting. So I think my crew would be a good fit for y'all. I do stress that you know the basics of operating a shotgun and gun safety before you jump in the duck blind. I've seen people show up to a duck hunt that have never shot before. Give me a call if you have any questions
940-781-3129
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Need Help. - 11/08/16 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: REW
My wife and I have NEVER hunted ducks before, and don't know anything about it, but want to try it. Are there any guides out there that take beginners out.

That's what guides are for

Three kinds of people hire a guide
1st is people that don't know how to hunt
2nd are those that lost their lease and just want to get in some good hunts
3rd are those looking for a specific species they don't see where they hunt

So to answer your question, of course guides take people that don't know how to hunt. It's what we do up
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Need Help. - 11/08/16 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Originally Posted By: REW

That's what guides are for

Three kinds of people hire a guide
1st is people that don't know how to hunt
2nd are those that lost their lease and just want to get in some good hunts
3rd are those looking for a specific species they don't see where they hunt

So to answer your question, of course guides take people that don't know how to hunt. It's what we do up

Welcome back Jeff...
Posted By: REW

Re: Need Help. - 11/08/16 12:43 AM

Thanks for the information we have gotten so far, just to clarify we both hunt just not ducks. We live near Georgetown so have never really had the opportunity, or knowledge of the different birds to shoot.
Posted By: TxDuck24

Re: Need Help. - 11/08/16 01:08 AM

Pm sent.

We can take you guys out on the Texas coast in a airboat and view our coastal side.

This video was taken on a hunt last year with us.

Family owned and driven. We cater to any group from the novice to the expierenced.

Give me a call

936-671-3407

https://youtu.be/awzCGIS6YoU
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum