Texas Hunting Forum

How was opening day for you?

Posted By: kman2017

How was opening day for you? - 11/05/16 08:31 PM

Hunted just north of Eagle Lake- zero shots between 5 guys. Didn't hear any groups around get more than two volleys. Saw half dozen groups of teal, group of big ducks, then a pair of big ducks. One group of about half dozen specks. At least I brought a dummy launcher to work the dog a bit. He was getting pretty distraught that we weren't shooting.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/05/16 08:44 PM

2 Red Heads
1 Bufflehead
1 Gadwall
2 Park Ducks/Farm Ducks
Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/05/16 08:56 PM

We got lucky and saw some birds. More talking than hunting, more misses than hits. Good times.
Posted By: Matpk

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/06/16 12:46 AM

cry cry tired
no one seems interested in posting today's activity..
Go head,post some pictures !!!!!!!
Posted By: pervis

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/06/16 01:19 AM

Are u guys hunting out west or east or something. Our season doesn't open till the 12th.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/06/16 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By: pervis
Are u guys hunting out west or east or something. Our season doesn't open till the 12th.

West, South or just outlaws.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/06/16 06:16 AM

I am in Colorado...
Posted By: wal1809

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/06/16 12:29 PM

My opening day was awesome. Didn't get up early, meandered out to the bay at 9 am. Caught some trout and reds with a gold slab spoon. Stopped on a mud boil in deep water and hammered a box of gaftops one after another on spoons. Then I stuck one that was different. I handed the rod to my bride and fired up the motor. 45 minutes later we got to see it. A very conservative estimate of 40 inches. We had it next to the boat 5 times. 10 pound test finally gave out on the end. SNAP! Felt good to hit the bay again.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/06/16 02:35 PM

Walking out the door and being able to hit the salt every day would be paradise.

Buddy and I drove out west to hunt cranes on private. No cranes, got a few ducks and geese. Didn't see the numbers of birds we expected.
Posted By: nocknload

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/06/16 03:28 PM

Not good, On the couch watching hunting shows.
Posted By: MS1454

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/06/16 06:00 PM

We shot 25 in garwood this morning.
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/06/16 06:09 PM

I am in India for the opener next week. Hope to make it out mid week if the weather looks bad.
Posted By: Matpk

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/06/16 09:51 PM

worthless
Posted By: brazosboyt

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/07/16 03:02 AM

All smiles for us.

Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/07/16 04:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Fooshman
Originally Posted By: pervis

West, South or just outlaws.

Oklahoma this last weekend
Posted By: erv

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/07/16 01:12 PM

one hen ring neck and one drake mallard. Just not a whole lot of birds here yet!
Posted By: john paul

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/07/16 01:39 PM

Much better than we all expected with the lack of weather. Tons of teal Saturday morning, 75% blue, 25% green, and quite a few gray ducks as well. We ended up just a few shy of our 5 limits on Saturday and and just my girlfriend and I hunted Sunday and killed 10, teal and a couple gray ducks. Only saw about a 1/4 of the birds Sunday that we did Saturday but still a very good hunt. We just got 9" of rain last night so that should have the birds good and spread out for the next couple weeks... mad

Saturday

Sunday

Posted By: AF_Chief

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/07/16 03:24 PM

Good opening weekend in South Texas. Limits on both Saturday and Sunday. Lots of teal down here and tree ducks!
Posted By: woodduckhunter

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/07/16 03:51 PM

nice hunts jp, ive been seeing and very surprised at the number of big ducks and gwt being reported considering the lack of weather that we're having.
Posted By: woodduckhunter

Re: How was opening day for you? - 11/07/16 03:52 PM

and I just noticed yall found a lost woodie in the marsh! congrats
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum