Texas Hunting Forum

Puddins in Woodson Birds are back!

Posted By: bobcat1

Puddins in Woodson Birds are back! - 10/09/16 03:11 AM

This mornings hunt was promising. Bad shooting left me with only 5 birds. My buddy Chris Waters got 5 also. My brother got 11 and nephew got 10. We went back out and got there at 4pm and we should have got there earlier. Birds from the north were there and it looked like "Little Argentina" as my buddy said. They were everywhere in big droves of them. In no time we were all limited out and then we just watched the show. When I got my last bird I emptied my gun and put it up. Sure was hard watching all those birds while we cleaned ours. Left at 6:30 and birds were still leaving the field. What an awesome day and the weather was just right.

Little Buster is coming around. He saw 2 or 3 birds today and took off after them and I killed them for him. He retrieved them perfectly. One I knew would fly that I crippled but not bad. So we took off after it. Buster put him in the air and I killed him for him and again retrieve was perfect. My buddy said he is getting him one of those dogs. Said he was a heck of a bird dog. Should have named him Hoover. We never lost a bird all day. He retrieved my limit of birds and found several for the rest of the guys. Only bad thing was the dang cuckle burrs. I bet I picked 35 out of him today. He's getting a hair cut tomorrow.

Heck of a day!!
Posted By: sallysue

Re: Puddins in Woodson Birds are back! - 10/09/16 01:09 PM

Last few days #'s been up here
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Puddins in Woodson Birds are back! - 10/09/16 01:43 PM

Same thing here Bobby, yesterday morning we hunted a field that was so-so. Went to another field yesterday afternoon and it was LOADED, man there were lots of birds, big birds too and huge groups. Guys are back on that same field hammering away this morning.

Good Times
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Puddins in Woodson Birds are back! - 10/09/16 05:07 PM

Good times John! elmer
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Puddins in Woodson Birds are back! - 10/09/16 06:19 PM

aim
Enjoy DOVE HUNTING buddy..
Send some one to Houston area too...
popcorn
Posted By: Judd

Re: Puddins in Woodson Birds are back! - 10/09/16 08:03 PM

Glad you and buster are still having fun!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum