Texas Hunting Forum

Weird spot on maxus barrel..

Posted By: Texanfowler

Weird spot on maxus barrel.. - 09/26/16 08:16 PM

So I was cleaning my gun from yesterday's hunt and noticed these two small spots. They are pretty hard, 1st though was rust but don't remember seeing them few weeks so it's kinda hard for rust. Just worried about it making the camo wear off.. anyone else have experience with this... Brownings response was 4-8 weeks to sent it in and see.
Posted By: RayB

Re: Weird spot on maxus barrel.. - 09/26/16 08:20 PM

Have you sent these pictures to Browning Customer service?
http://www.browning.com/support/contact.html

Re: Weird spot on maxus barrel.. - 09/26/16 08:27 PM

I called and the dude said sent it in. I'll check out it out. He didn't mention I could send pictures.
Posted By: Ntgrty

Re: Weird spot on maxus barrel.. - 09/26/16 11:14 PM

Something spilled on it - it was way hot from firing and it baked on the barrel
Posted By: fishfree

Re: Weird spot on maxus barrel.. - 09/27/16 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Ntgrty
Something spilled on it - it was way hot from firing and it baked on the barrel

possibly but could also be undercoating corrosion pitting and if it is it really should be warrantied
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Weird spot on maxus barrel.. - 09/27/16 02:28 AM

Rub that off and keep hunting. At the end of the season, send the barrel in and have Browning take care of it.
Posted By: Carter Tinsley

Re: Weird spot on maxus barrel.. - 09/27/16 03:27 AM

Don't send that in until after duck season otherwise you won't use it until 2017. They're customer service is slow on turnaround. Take pictures and document it. then in February, send it in. After all, it's possible that they won't see an issue with it and just send it back. Only they may take 6-8 weeks to decide that it's not an issue.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Weird spot on maxus barrel.. - 09/27/16 04:40 AM

Browning was pretty fast when mine was sent in.
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Weird spot on maxus barrel.. - 09/27/16 02:21 PM

Possibly a knick in the camo, and you are seeing corrosion/rust, bare metal doesn't take long and rust is harder than $10 worth of jaw breakers, ask anyone that had to descale pipe for welding

Re: Weird spot on maxus barrel.. - 09/27/16 03:00 PM

Thanks, sent pictures to them. Will wait until after hunting season and send it in and see what they do.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum