Texas Hunting Forum

ANY REPORTS FROM EASTLAND AREA ON DOVE

Posted By: Ntgrty

ANY REPORTS FROM EASTLAND AREA ON DOVE - 09/21/16 03:48 PM

All - Several men from our church in Dallas are headed to Eastland this weekend and I am wondering if there are still dove moving through this area?
Posted By: BDB

Re: ANY REPORTS FROM EASTLAND AREA ON DOVE - 09/21/16 10:09 PM

All I can say is at least north/south....your in the ballpark brother! From Seymour to Breckenridge thats the dove flyway of tx these days. .
Posted By: pprince

Re: ANY REPORTS FROM EASTLAND AREA ON DOVE - 09/22/16 04:36 AM

My uncle, Benny Prince, is an outfitter in that area and the dove hunting in his fields has been absolutely phenomenal this year. I haven't spoken with him since Monday but I know that all of his clients this weekend shot limits.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: ANY REPORTS FROM EASTLAND AREA ON DOVE - 09/22/16 08:58 AM

I saw a lot of white wings Wednesday night while fishing lake Leon.

Re: ANY REPORTS FROM EASTLAND AREA ON DOVE - 09/22/16 03:22 PM

that is who I am going out with Friday !!!!!!! Thank you
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: ANY REPORTS FROM EASTLAND AREA ON DOVE - 09/22/16 03:33 PM

Looks like you got what you needed, but we are SW of Eastland and it has been lights out this year.
Posted By: pprince

Re: ANY REPORTS FROM EASTLAND AREA ON DOVE - 09/23/16 12:52 AM

Update-I spoke to my uncle this afternoon and he said it looks good. Y'all are gonna travel a little tomorrow afternoon but he said the field has lots of birds.Let me know how it goes.
Posted By: TTT Ranch

Re: ANY REPORTS FROM EASTLAND AREA ON DOVE - 09/26/16 12:24 AM

My place is 5 miles W of Cisco. Hunted Sat evening on one of my stock tanks and got a 3 man limit. All of the white wings seem to have moved out though.
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: ANY REPORTS FROM EASTLAND AREA ON DOVE - 09/27/16 09:04 PM

that's interesting - I'm in santa anna and we can't buy a dove
Posted By: Carter Tinsley

Re: ANY REPORTS FROM EASTLAND AREA ON DOVE - 09/27/16 10:20 PM

We hunted just west of Santa Anna last weekend. Landowner said they saw one bird on Tuesday. On Friday we were a few short of an 8 man limit. Same results on Saturday. Must have caught the new birds in front of that weather. Saw a lot of birds heading home on Sunday between Santa Anna and Cisco.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: ANY REPORTS FROM EASTLAND AREA ON DOVE - 09/28/16 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: pprince
Update-I spoke to my uncle this afternoon and he said it looks good. Y'all are gonna travel a little tomorrow afternoon but he said the field has lots of birds.Let me know how it goes.

Bet I know where they are going.

Re: ANY REPORTS FROM EASTLAND AREA ON DOVE - 09/28/16 02:43 PM

25 of us over the weekend-several limits and a lot of happy hunters-Benny Prince knows birds!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum