Texas Hunting Forum

If want to see the GW, hunt with me!

Posted By: Txduckman

If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/17/16 01:00 AM

Been checked 3 times in 2 weeks! Clay County, Stephen's, and Coleman tonight. I was high man with 15 tonight, recovered 12. Shot horrible. Wonder if the GW streak will continue. up
Posted By: MS1454

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/17/16 01:26 AM

We got checked last week during a hunt. Then teal started coming in while we were being checked. We rarely see them.
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/17/16 03:51 PM

They have hired a new bunch of wardens this year and are really out in force.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/18/16 03:22 AM

Today is the first day I was not checked. All 3 other hunts I got checked.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/18/16 03:25 AM

Haven't been checked by a Warden in 8-9 years.
Posted By: Spacemonkey

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/18/16 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder

That's good news
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/18/16 02:56 PM

I get checked regularly while on the lake. I haven't been checked while hunting since September 1, 2001.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/18/16 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Spacemonkey
Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder

That's good news
up
Posted By: passthru

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/18/16 04:05 PM

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't almost always show up at prime shooting time. I don't mind showing that I'm gtg. But I'm unlucky in the timing I guess.
Posted By: dune2218

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/18/16 04:29 PM

game warden's job is to raise money $$$$$$$$$$$$$ ------ more aggressive wardens = more $$$$$$$$$$$------- It's a very simple formula.

Anyone think traffic cops have anything to do with safety??? If you do , you live in a dream world------ city of Temple, and probably all cities have the revenue of tickets in the budget-the cops have to produce, or be replaced.---- I"m sure if you examine the game warden budget you will find the same thing.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/18/16 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: dune2218
game warden's job is to raise money $$$$$$$$$$$$$ ------ more aggressive wardens = more $$$$$$$$$$$------- It's a very simple formula.

Anyone think traffic cops have anything to do with safety??? If you do , you live in a dream world------ city of Temple, and probably all cities have the revenue of tickets in the budget-the cops have to produce, or be replaced.---- I"m sure if you examine the game warden budget you will find the same thing.

The bitterness is strong in this one..
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: T Bone

this guy has done nothing but spew crap since the beg of dove season
Posted By: Sailor Soane

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: T Bone

It's pretty easy to start feeling some bitterness towards a system that is focused on taxation through alternative means. I've moved across the country a few times and almost every single trip that I've used a box truck ive been pulled over under false pretense to try and search the truck for drugs. On most occasions I sit around and shoot the breeze with these guys and inquire about why they do it - they always say money. With a big grin they tell stories about how much money they've gotten from pulling over box trucks and taking everything in it because some guy had a joint. I'm not going to say that people that get caught doing that aren't idiots for putting themselves in that situation, but these guys could at least pretend to be in it for something more noble.

I'm not saying every single police office is like that as I know quite a few great guys in that profession, but we shouldn't write off the focus on revenue generation that many departments take...
Posted By: dune2218

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 02:12 AM

T Bone and Sapper -----sorry if reality offends you. I'll try to be more sensitive to the delicate flowers on the forum.
Posted By: BDB

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 02:14 AM

My brother-in-law is assistant chief for a city in tx that ranks among top 6 in population. He has been there sense he was about 20 and come thru the ranks. Its true and sad...cities need the revenue from tickets. The key for us is don't play in their playground....other words...obey the petty laws!
Posted By: T Bone

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 02:22 AM

T Bone and Sapper -----sorry if reality offends you. I'll try to be more sensitive to the delicate flowers on the forum.

No need to apologize.. You gotta live in that 'reality' son, I'm all good! up
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 02:37 AM

Who was it in Coleman? We met one of them last year who was the lone warden in Coleman County, he was hoping and praying to have some help this year. I'll find his cars with his name on it!
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: BDB
My brother-in-law is assistant chief for a city in tx that ranks among top 6 in population. He has been there sense he was about 20 and come thru the ranks. Its true and sad...cities need the revenue from tickets. The key for us is don't play in their playground....other words...obey the petty laws!
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 05:30 AM

Originally Posted By: CRAnderson52
Who was it in Coleman? We met one of them last year who was the lone warden in Coleman County, he was hoping and praying to have some help this year. I'll find his cars with his name on it!

No idea. Was in a dove field so he was busy.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 11:58 AM

I was hunting yesterday afternoon on my property, over sunflowers.
Some guys pull up out on the road in a Chevy Avalanche, windows down, with shotguns sticking out and start shooting at birds sitting on the power lines in front of the place.

Of course they can't hit a bull in the ask with a hand full of rice so they drive off.

Mr. GW will have a big payday when he catches up with those clowns someday.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 01:18 PM

Link to new game wardens and state park police officers this year

http://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20160802a
Posted By: Wacm

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 01:42 PM

I wish we had more. I saw two different groups of poachers in west tx last weekend. more wardens= less poaching. More traffic cops = less drunk driving, speeding, road rage.

I'd rather the a holes of the world pay then me cause I got robbed or hit by a drunk driver or someone shot the buck I've been after for three years at night off the roadside. Think about it.
Posted By: aggiegadwall

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 02:12 PM

We see ours several times a week. Good group of guys!
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 11:34 PM

I'm guessing you have no clue.........
But tell us:
Where does the monies go to that are "raised" by GW tickets?
A GW job is to raise money? Maybe you should ride with one and see what all they do
City budgets have a line item for municipal court fines?
How much does a city/municipality make off a $250 speeding ticket?
How many City budgets have you actually read?

I have a couple more if you can answer these

Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Sailor Soane

It's pretty easy to start feeling some bitterness towards a system that is focused on taxation through alternative means. I've moved across the country a few times and almost every single trip that I've used a box truck ive been pulled over under false pretense to try and search the truck for drugs
.........but we shouldn't write off the focus on revenue generation that many departments take...

How does having a vehicle searched have anything to do with alternative taxation?
Posted By: Stompy

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/19/16 11:44 PM

I like my GW, see him every Saturday during Dove Season and sometimes just to BS.
He's a good guy and a friend. He also writes way more warnings than he does tickets.
Posted By: Sailor Soane

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/20/16 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: hoof n wings
Originally Posted By: Sailor Soane

It's pretty easy to start feeling some bitterness towards a system that is focused on taxation through alternative means. I've moved across the country a few times and almost every single trip that I've used a box truck ive been pulled over under false pretense to try and search the truck for drugs
.........but we shouldn't write off the focus on revenue generation that many departments take...

How does having a vehicle searched have anything to do with alternative taxation?

Not sure why your quote is truncated, but the whole story was to illustrate how the trained mentality of many police departments has been away from protecting the people they serve towards looking for ways to extract money out of them. I called it taxation by other means to try and frame it in a polite way - government used to fund departmental needs, but now citizens do. Another way to look at it is "highway robbery"
Posted By: TatersNMeat

Re: If want to see the GW, hunt with me! - 09/22/16 08:13 AM

LMAO!!! If that were true I'd have been pulled over 7 times today in seven different Texas towns as I blew past police! LOL!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum