Texas Hunting Forum

How many goose shells?

Posted By: kman2017

How many goose shells? - 09/06/16 01:12 AM

Over the summer I picked up a huge lot of goose decoys, many more than I'll ever use. I ended up with about 10dz snow goose shells, 3dz specklebelly shells, and 3.5dz canadian shells. I probably am going to get rid of all the Canadian shells and most of the snow shells. I wanted to see how many shells all of you used in your spread for snows & specks so I can keep around that many shells. Got a bunch of other rags I plan on keeping. Also got some decoys from a company that looks like it folded, Last Look Decoys? They have these decoys that come flat and you fold into shape and put a stake in. They are pretty and I have around 15dz of those. I want to see how much of this stuff I need to keep to do some snow and speck hunting. Thanks for the advice!
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: How many goose shells? - 09/06/16 03:55 PM

I would keep all the snow and speck decoys. You can never have too many, or too big a spread for snows.
Posted By: Tex68w

Re: How many goose shells? - 09/06/16 04:56 PM

Snows and Specs are keepers in these parts.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: How many goose shells? - 09/06/16 07:20 PM

Last Spread I set up last year in El Campo we put out 100 Dozen Snow and 20 Dozen Speck. Plus 10 Dozen Flyers and they were All SILO Sock. Two tornado and 8 or 9 bouncers.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum