Texas Hunting Forum

I need my duck people

Posted By: wal1809

I need my duck people - 09/05/16 01:26 AM

to educate me on Polaris Rangers. I know I want 4 seater benches, dump bed. My 6 wheeler 1999 Polaris Ranger broke on me for the last time. I have not had time to keep up with it. IT broke, a friend asked how much, we traded a 6 foot wife tower installed and $200 cash my way. I need a Ranger but don't need 6 wheel. Educate me on the engine size, my needs please.
Posted By: RayB

Re: I need my duck people - 09/05/16 01:58 AM

I would look at the Honda first, comes with 1000 cc engine and a auto style tranny if the commercials are to be believed.
I like my Ranger 800 my only complaint my dog box won't fit in the bed. It is a two seater though
Posted By: garrett

Re: I need my duck people - 09/05/16 03:32 AM

Get the biggest engine you can, it's just like a boat, I never needed power steering but it's nice I guess
Posted By: Tex68w

Re: I need my duck people - 09/05/16 05:27 AM

570 crew in the full size works well and saves you lots of scratch but the 2017's now have drive modes and 1000cc motors with 80hp. I went with a standard XP 3 seater this go around but the next one, in a few years will most likely be a crew. The older 800's had the motors further forward and were consequently louder and hotter. Honda is nice but lots of reports with transmission and clutch issues over on their boards, but shaft drive is a nice touch.
Posted By: Blue drake

Re: I need my duck people - 09/05/16 10:45 AM

Kawaski Tyrex!! Better machine. pull more, carry more weight, faster, better suspension. Look into them.
Posted By: STXHO

Re: I need my duck people - 09/08/16 08:45 PM

I have owned a couple and i will say that the bigger the engine the better. I currently have a 2016 900 crew. It has more than enough power for what I do. If you get a crew you will want to put bigger tires (27") or a lift. The ground clearance on them is not the best with the factory tires. I always buy the extended warranty with my machines, I have never had an issue but its good insurance to have.
Posted By: USMC89

Re: I need my duck people - 09/09/16 12:03 AM

I'd look at the Yamaha Viking if you get a chance. I almost bought the ranger, but tried the Viking and love it. The seats are more comfortable for longer rides and still have the bed for work around the place. Offer the 6 seater version as well
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: I need my duck people - 09/09/16 03:37 AM

Polaris only way to go. Reliable- go for ever. I have 09 and 2011 both are awesome.

If u can find even used one w 50-150 hours jump all over it. Have changed 17s so look hard. Just picked up the 2011 browning addition w 44 hours. About 21k in it for 12k. Browning addition big motor

Also bought 09 140 hours for 5k. They are giving them away slightly used.
Posted By: snowbuster

Re: I need my duck people - 09/09/16 06:30 PM

Polaris is the way to go i just picked up 2014 900 crew for this year, already in love. I have owned a six wheeler and also a rhino in the past and if you are looking for a bike to use duck hunting the Polaris crew will nail it perfect. You dont need anything big. The 570 can give you everything that you will need with 44 HP. That is what i planned on getting and then just came across the 900 for about the same price and decided why not
Posted By: Astater

Re: I need my duck people - 09/09/16 08:35 PM

Man, we all have ATVs and 3 of us have UTVs on our duck club. The Rangers get stuck all the dang time. They overheat due to the mud and running in 4x4 all the time. All this with aftermarket tires and lifts. One guy traded his in on a Viking and that thing has really impressed. Hasn't been stuck yet and the guy is beyond happy. If I was buying I sure liked the Polaris stuff until I saw that Viking perform...that's the route I'd go.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: I need my duck people - 09/09/16 08:37 PM

Go drive them all Wal pick which one you like best. Stay above 700ccs everyone makes a good one these days. dealer support is what id look at more

Re: I need my duck people - 09/09/16 08:38 PM

If you price a ranger call Nathan at Normangee Tractor tell him I told you to call lol he will get a kick out of that

Re: I need my duck people - 09/10/16 03:35 AM

Found one in Bryan at the dealership. It had a lot of hours and the guy on the telephone didn't seem like he needed to sell a Ranger. So I moved on.

Craigslist find out of Bryan, Texas. 2015 900 crew. With 3 years Warranty still attached. Front and rear glass windshield. 50 inch curved LED front and a 10 inch LED out the back. I love this machine!!!

Re: I need my duck people - 09/10/16 03:39 PM

Very nice!
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: I need my duck people - 09/13/16 11:16 PM

Sweet.

Re: I need my duck people - 09/14/16 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Greekangler
Sweet.

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum