Texas Hunting Forum

Need clarification on regs

Posted By: Fishuhalik

Need clarification on regs - 09/03/16 03:45 PM

This is only my second year hunting dove, so I'm still a little green. I hunt in the special whitening zone, and according to my understanding of how I read the regs, during these next two weekends, we're only allowed 2 mourning dove. A coworker of mine that has been hunting this area was telling me that it's normal limits for these two weekends. Can someone clarify this for me? Pretty sure I'm right but I want someone else's input that's been in the area for a few years
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Need clarification on regs - 09/03/16 04:54 PM

Bag limits, seasons, and links to the regs are included in the sticky at the top of the migratory forum. "not more than two morning doves" would clearly mean your not allowed more than two morning doves per day those weekends.

Special White-winged Dove Area
Sept. 3-4, 10-11, Sept. 23 – Nov. 9, Dec. 17 – Jan. 23, 2017.
During the early two weekends in the Special White-winged Dove Area, hunting is allowed only in the afternoon and the daily bag limit is 15 birds, to include not more than two mourning doves and two white-tipped doves. During the general season opens, the aggregate bag limit is 15 with no more than two white-tipped doves.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Need clarification on regs - 09/03/16 05:04 PM

As worded in the county regs.

Special Season
Sept. 3 - 4, 2016
Sept. 10 - 11, 2016
Daily Bag Limit 15 white-winged, mourning and white-tipped (white-fronted) doves in the aggregate, to include no more than 2 mourning doves and 2 whitetips.
Possession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
Posted By: Fishuhalik

Re: Need clarification on regs - 09/03/16 05:24 PM

Yup, that's what I thought. Showed him the reg book and everything but he didn't believe me. Well, he's out there right now blasting 15 mourning dove. That's definitely gonna suck for him if Mr CO shows up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum