Texas Hunting Forum

How has the dove hunting been 2 weeks after opening in the past?

Posted By: Ratrod101

How has the dove hunting been 2 weeks after opening in the past? - 09/01/16 01:55 AM

Hoping to find a lease or at least quality day hunts a couple weeks after season opens.....newbie so was curious about how previous yrs were.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: How has the dove hunting been 2 weeks after opening in the past? - 09/01/16 04:12 AM

I shot limits up until the last week of the season last year. I've seen some places that were amazing one week and crap the next and vice versa. Last year we just hit it right and had white-wings and ringnecks early and about the time they started to slow we had a huge influx of mourning dove.

So to answer your question it depends on the place. It's possible it could be even better two weeks after the opener.
Posted By: GoBears870

Re: How has the dove hunting been 2 weeks after opening in the past? - 09/01/16 02:57 PM

We don't manage our property for dove so limits are pretty rare on opening day/weekend. But we see pretty healthy numbers by the end of September and into October as the migrators apparently use our wooded area as a roost. The "Kansas birds" are a real thing.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: How has the dove hunting been 2 weeks after opening in the past? - 09/01/16 03:10 PM

You never know for sure from day to day with dove. I've seen fields with thousands of dove one day and then All gone the next.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum