Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for recommendations on a good place within 90mins of Fort Worth

Posted By: Ratrod101

Looking for recommendations on a good place within 90mins of Fort Worth - 08/21/16 07:47 PM

Will be my first time, in a loooong time, back in the field and looking for a place I can buy a season lease for myself, wife and my boys (under 16) to enjoy.

Thanks,
Adam
Posted By: dune2218

Re: Looking for recommendations on a good place within 90mins of Fort Worth - 08/21/16 07:59 PM

Adam ------- keep in mind you have --------- how many??____-----------5,000 people looking for the same thing???
mabe only 2,000???? The key is distance, unless money is not an issue with you. I drive 500 miles one way to quail hunt. So the 90 minutes part will be the hard part ( unless money is not an issue).
Posted By: Blake E.

Re: Looking for recommendations on a good place within 90mins of Fort Worth - 08/21/16 08:56 PM

Got a great spot for season dove in Slidell. Not many signed up. 680 acres. Willing to show it anytime. Check out my post on outfitters and guides. Cheap alternative to a lease.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Looking for recommendations on a good place within 90mins of Fort Worth - 08/21/16 09:08 PM

Can always get aph land and hunt there

Only problem is it's a gamble on the amount and quality of hunters there. I have had great hunts on aph but also seen 8 guys shoot 15 times at a scissor tail and not get him
Posted By: FWBanger

Re: Looking for recommendations on a good place within 90mins of Fort Worth - 08/22/16 01:48 PM

http://greensoutfitters.com

This may be a bit further out than you're looking for but it is a good value. $220 for the whole season with multiple fields you can hunt.
Posted By: CGB

Re: Looking for recommendations on a good place within 90mins of Fort Worth - 08/22/16 02:30 PM

Puddins dove is a solid choice! I've never hunted with them but know they've been around a long time. They always seem to be on the birds and I can't recall ever seeing any bad reviews on them. Are you looking for just a dove lease or year round deer, Turkey, dove?

Re: Looking for recommendations on a good place within 90mins of Fort Worth - 08/22/16 02:33 PM

I'm going to call them but I would like a year round lease for the family.

Re: Looking for recommendations on a good place within 90mins of Fort Worth - 08/22/16 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: FWBanger

This may be a bit further out than you're looking for but it is a good value. $220 for the whole season with multiple fields you can hunt.
Originally Posted By: FWBanger

That's actually perfect, I love that area...appreciate it!
Posted By: FWBanger

Re: Looking for recommendations on a good place within 90mins of Fort Worth - 08/22/16 03:19 PM

I've hunted with Puddin for over 10 years. It is a bit of a drive but it is a good deal and if there are birds in the area you can find them on one of the locations.
Posted By: Flock Knocker

Re: Looking for recommendations on a good place within 90mins of Fort Worth - 08/22/16 04:22 PM

We have properties within 30-45 minutes of Fort Worth.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum