Texas Hunting Forum

Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species.

Posted By: Wingshoot

Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/15/16 08:58 PM

Hey Hunters,

Some buddies and I just got back from an amazing Argentina bird hunt. We've hunted a few different outfitters, but we tried a new one and it was great. Las Perdices Lodge in Entre Rios. Really close to Buenos Aires. And man, that cold weather in May is nice..

We've dove hunted Cordoba before, but this place had it all, Dove, Duck, Perdiz, and some decoyed pigeon and parakeets. We shot five different bird species and even caught a few golden dorado fish. We shot thousands of dove, hunted upland perdiz with some great dogs, and he's got some strong duck hunting. In Argentina you can bait the ducks, and the ducks poured in for hours. The best part is we never drove further than 15 minutes for any hunt.

The chef, Leo, kept us stuffed the whole time: steaks, chicken, water buffalo empanadas, campfire slow-roasted brisket, homemade pizza on the grill, etc. Every time we thought we were done, here came dessert.

Our outfitter, Martin, is a really good guy and I told him I'd post this up - help spread the word. His pricing is affordable too - but the value for what you get is amazing. Though a newer operation, this guy is a seasoned pro. And he speak great English.

I'm sure we'll be going back soon. I'll post up some pics.

Cheers

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/15/16 09:05 PM

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/15/16 09:06 PM

Posted By: udamdan

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/15/16 11:57 PM

Awesome
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/16/16 11:56 AM

Looks incredible.
Posted By: catsquirrel

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/16/16 02:07 PM

Any contact info or website?
Posted By: dune2218

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/16/16 03:02 PM

Great post,,,, thanks.
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/16/16 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: catsquirrel
Any contact info or website?

X2. Looks like a great operation.

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/16/16 04:35 PM

Hello Guys:

Heck, I'm ready to go back, just thinkiing about it. A real hunting trip. And you cant beat it being so close to Buenos Aires (3 1/2 hours drive). We landed and were at the estancia by lunch and hunting that same afternoon.

Cant talk enough about the close drives. The dove and perdiz fields were only 5-10 minutes drive on property. The duck pot holes, the same. So, it was eat, hunt, eat, siesta, hunt, eat, & drink... haha.

The 8 hunt program gave good species variety - and we even got on some wild pigeon. Dove volume pretty close to Cordoba numbers. More than we wanted to shoot. The river is close by and a couple guys chose to fish for golden dorado and piranha, while the others dove hunted.

I'd say the country estancia is nice and comfortable - but the hunting, food, people and service are FIVE-STAR. I'd put chef Leo up against the best chefs anywhere. I think the place was for big game originally, and even Spanish royalty would hunt there. And for only $695/day - it was a deal.

Martin's info is 305-677-3331 or lasperdiceslodge@gmail.com

tscoutfitters.com

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/16/16 04:38 PM

btw- I'm gonna throw up some info in the outfitters/guides section for Martin. He was pleased to hear you guys liked the report.
Posted By: BMowatt

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/16/16 08:30 PM

Nice

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/16/16 10:09 PM

Martin said he still has a few June-August hunt dates, still available. Make a nice summer getaway for families.
Posted By: Fishuhalik

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/17/16 03:43 AM

Sir, please post as many pics as you want!!! This is right on the top of my hunting bucket list. What species of ducks did you get?
Posted By: bentman

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/18/16 01:21 AM

what is the daily limit on Ducks?
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/19/16 02:40 AM

Looks like fun...

Re: Amazing Argentina Bird Hunt - Five species. - 06/30/16 04:42 PM

Hello Guys,

I'll definitely throw up some more pics - I think we have some of our pics all together now.

Bentman, we shot about 7-8 species of ducks: lots of brazilian teal, white-cheeked pintail, yellow bill pintail, rosy bills, brazilian teal, silver teal; and ringed teal. Oh, it's 20 ducks per man, per morning hunt.

** Martin called to let me know that if any hunters want to go - he's even more covered up with ducks now. The temps got colder.. I guess they like all that corn he's feeding 'em.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum