Texas Hunting Forum

Limits by 8.....

Posted By: brazosboyt

Limits by 8..... - 05/08/16 09:19 PM

Got a group together and decided to give Argentina a try. Me, gaudi, dutchhunter from
The Netherlands and 2 other friend headed souf last week.

We booked through get ducks.com and the trip far exceeded my expectations. We stayed at some uber rich Italian people's polo farm that they use 3 months/year.

First afternoon we set up on tiny waterholes-1/4 acre tiny that had zero birds on them and at 5 pm the birds poured in. His afternoon limits are 15 ducks/man and Dutch and I shot 30/31 that came in.

Mostly speckeled teal and yellow bill pintails, couple ring teal, and one chiloe wigeon.

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/08/16 09:20 PM

First morning we set up on a big marsh and it was everything you expect. The morning limit is 50/man and we had our 250 pretty quickly.

Got all the teal except Brazilian.

Tons of wigeon.

And pintails.

The afternoon we were back on a small pond by a set of cattle pens. Quickly got our 15/man and a bunch of pigeons.

The wood pigeons are about the size of a wigeon and tough as a buffalo.

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/08/16 09:22 PM

Next morning three of us set up on the edge of a flooded corn field for a wigeon beat down. 120+/155 shot were wigeon.

That afternoon we skipped the duck shoot and set up on a huge eucalyptus grove to shoot incoming pigeons. Shot mod chokes and number 5's. Everything was 45 yard high incoming shots and it was like hitting a Sherman tank with a hammer. 5 cases of shells later and everyone was done.

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/08/16 09:23 PM

Last morning was another marsh beat down.

With one bonus red partridge.

3 full days of hunting was enough to really get to experience it. I would have liked to have had a half day to chase perdiz but it will have to wait till next time.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/08/16 09:36 PM

For years I used to really wanted to do an Argentina trip, then last few years not so interested any more. With those pictures I think I'm interested again. grin

Nice pics, looks like a great time. up
Posted By: DuckSausage

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/08/16 11:23 PM

Awesome, definitely some beautiful specimens for the collector. Has always been on my bucket list. Is goose hunting allowed yet or still closed? Were you able to get birds back home?
Posted By: BMowatt

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/09/16 12:57 PM

Outstanding

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/09/16 01:08 PM

No geese and no export of birds.
Posted By: DuckSausage

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/09/16 01:24 PM

Damn, that sucks. I wonder what the likelihood is of any of that ever changing.
Posted By: Teamjefe

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/09/16 01:40 PM

That looks amazing
Posted By: rickym

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/09/16 01:51 PM

Some beautiful birds there up
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/09/16 02:09 PM

I bet Martijn got all his euro-islam frustration out of his boomstick
Posted By: TXCrossTimbers

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/11/16 04:48 PM

That looks like an awesome trip.

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/11/16 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: brazosboyt
no export of birds.

That would be a deal killer for me.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/11/16 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Guy
no export of birds.

Yup, that would suck. It would kill me to not be able bring back some of those.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/11/16 11:57 PM

Thanks for sharing the great pics. Brings back memories for me of 10 years ago on similar trip there.
Posted By: TxDuck24

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/12/16 11:30 AM

No geese and no export of birds.

They don't have a taxidermist that can do the dipping and bird work for you to transport? I have a buddy that had the same thing happen in Mexico but had it resolved with a couple of weeks!

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/13/16 02:24 AM

no export of birds.

It was for me for years but honestly it was nice to go on a trip and not be worried about processing amd importing birds.

The issue is that the argentine gubment has banned the export of birds. Therefore traveling into the U.S. With a banned wildlife species is a Lacey act violation and can carry some rediculous consequences.

Also- I've found a couple breeders here that can get me any of those species for $100-$250. About the same price as shipping, importing, and usda processing. I will probably buy a ring teal and a silver just to have something a little different. I've still got about 25 U.S. Birds to do before I get to those anyway.

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/13/16 12:42 PM

no export of birds.

It was for me for years but honestly it was nice to go on a trip and not be worried about processing amd importing birds.

I would feel the same way if I went on a regular basis like you. If I ever did a trip like that, I would probably only do it once anyway, but that first trip I would want to bring home 6 birds or so to mount, that would be a big reason for going. I would love to have some of those birds on my wall, but I would want them to be birds I shot, all my mounts have a story that goes with them. That's just me tho.
Posted By: Wacm

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/15/16 03:21 AM

That was an amazing post thanks for sharing. What an amazing hunt y'all had
Posted By: Txcatman1

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/16/16 02:23 AM

no export of birds.

I would feel the same way if I went on a regular basis like you. If I ever did a trip like that, I would probably only do it once anyway, but that first trip I would want to bring home 6 birds or so to mount, that would be a big reason for going. I would love to have some of those birds on my wall, but I would want them to be birds I shot, all my mounts have a story that goes with them. That's just me tho.

Same for me too, out of the 15 on the wall I can tell you how each one was shot, where I was, etc.. I don't have the money to go just to shoot ducks. Species collection is pretty much the main reason for me to go on any out of state or country trip.

Awesome trip though brazos
Posted By: txbowhunt7

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/20/16 01:24 PM

Is it just me or are those cinnamon teal huge?

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/21/16 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By: txbowhunt7
Is it just me or are those cinnamon teal huge?

They are larger than ours. They are a different subspecies.
Posted By: Merican Duck Hunter

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/21/16 06:54 PM

up
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/25/16 01:19 PM

Not sure if they do the same with duck as they do with dove there.

My buddy went on a dove hunt there, they cooked up a lot of the birds, and the rest went to feed the needy in the area, or so they were told.

I would have a hard time leaving without some birds for sure.
Posted By: BigAL33

Re: Limits by 8..... - 05/26/16 02:31 AM

How many day until duck season?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum