Texas Hunting Forum

Snow Goose Hunting - Eagle Lake ?

Posted By: txbb14

Snow Goose Hunting - Eagle Lake ? - 04/29/16 07:37 PM

Hey Forum,

Do y'all have any suggestions on guides for goose hunting near Eagle Lake?
Posted By: snogeese

Re: Snow Goose Hunting - Eagle Lake ? - 04/29/16 09:33 PM

Prairie Waterfowl Hunts- Look em up on the web

Or a little south of there is Bill Sherill Waterfowl in Wharton
Posted By: Run-N-Gun Adventures

Re: Snow Goose Hunting - Eagle Lake ? - 04/30/16 12:30 AM

We can take care of you if you're willing to hunt a little farther south. Have ground scattered out everywhere just a tad south of that area.
Kendleton, East Bernard, El Campo, Louise, Markham, Blessing, Wadsworth and College Port
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Snow Goose Hunting - Eagle Lake ? - 04/30/16 12:58 AM

Is it as good as it was in the early 90s? We had an awesome annual hunt there until about 10 years ago and it seemed like the birds just started to hold short in Ark. But I'm also not as mad at them as I once was. Could have just been that our group broke up and lost interest.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Snow Goose Hunting - Eagle Lake ? - 04/30/16 11:49 AM

its on my bucket list, problem is I can hardly get on the bucket
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Snow Goose Hunting - Eagle Lake ? - 04/30/16 12:49 PM

In the late 90's it was very good hunting there. I used to go 10 times a year.
Then, capitalism and greed took over. Katy area got overbuilt and the geese are pretty much gone.
See you in kansas.
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Snow Goose Hunting - Eagle Lake ? - 05/02/16 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Run-N-Gun Adventures
We can take care of you if you're willing to hunt a little farther south. Have ground scattered out everywhere just a tad south of that area.
Kendleton, East Bernard, El Campo, Louise, Markham, Blessing, Wadsworth and College Port

aim
I would fully recommend..Last year we discovered Daniel late in the season.
We had three hunts all were Superb.Though we did not have to hunt geese with him as we have those hunts lined up... upDaNiel up
Posted By: STXHO

Re: Snow Goose Hunting - Eagle Lake ? - 05/06/16 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Run-N-Gun Adventures

Daniel is a good guy. I give him my recommendation.
Posted By: Run-N-Gun Adventures

Re: Snow Goose Hunting - Eagle Lake ? - 05/06/16 05:01 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We work very hard to provide the best possible hunting experience for our clients. The birds and mother nature don't always help us out, but you'll be hard pressed to find another group that works as hard as we do or has more dirt leased up to manage than us. I'm not saying we make it happen every day, but you won't find many days that we get out hunted and we'll never be outworked or out prepared!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum