Texas Hunting Forum

Duck Blind Help

Posted By: B Razorback

Duck Blind Help - 04/29/16 01:28 AM

Going to school at Arkansas means that the closest place to duck hunt is at one of my pledge brothers ranches in Oklahoma. The lake is 20 acres and it is good duck hunting, but we had to hunt laying on the wet ground to kill ducks. With that said, we are building a duck blind on his lake this summer. Can y'all help me and send some pictures of the blinds at your property? I'm just trying to get an idea for how we want to make it. His dad has already started it and made the floor, but it is stuck in the ground with concrete so we cant have a sled style blind. I appreciate your help!
Posted By: RayB

Re: Duck Blind Help - 04/29/16 01:59 AM

Why don't you use lay out blinds?
Posted By: dune2218

Re: Duck Blind Help - 04/29/16 02:35 AM

ducks land into the wind---------- your best bet is to build a blind in the water in the shallow end of the lake,,, no matter which way the wind is blowing, you just put out decoys accordingly.
Posted By: kman2017

Re: Duck Blind Help - 04/29/16 06:28 AM

I'd recommend getting/making a skid blind that you can tow around with a utv. That way if the weather forecast says the winds will shift you can adjust the night before accordingly.

Re: Duck Blind Help - 05/01/16 03:12 PM

Cant use a layout blind because I'm a broke college student and cant afford one hammer

Re: Duck Blind Help - 05/01/16 03:12 PM

I think we are going to try to change it into a skid blind though. Thanks for yalls help!
Posted By: Guy

Re: Duck Blind Help - 05/01/16 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: WHACK&STACK
Cant use a layout blind because I'm a broke college student and cant afford one hammer

$6 Academy dove stool put on its side. Drill holes in it so water runs out. up

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum