Texas Hunting Forum

Heck of a platform

Posted By: wal1809

Heck of a platform - 02/04/16 02:44 PM

If anyone was doing a float blind on a big private body of water, this would be a good platform. I think they made a mistake and got circumference and diameter mixed up but you can see what you get. This can be made as wide as you want it making a very large paw print.

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/5426974133.html
Posted By: Limit Extender

Re: Heck of a platform - 02/04/16 04:48 PM

That has disaster written all over it, unless of course Garrett gets involved. He has boat building prowess, and has been known as a developer of innovative technologies.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Heck of a platform - 02/04/16 04:52 PM

I need that for a UTV bridge across a creek!
Posted By: Elpatoloco

Re: Heck of a platform - 02/04/16 04:53 PM

I like the "Bulletproof" part. I won't have to worry so much about where I point my A5 during the pre dawn warm up firing.
Posted By: duckbill

Re: Heck of a platform - 02/04/16 05:15 PM

Wal, you just can't help but search craigslist every now and again for pontoons can you? loco_too
Posted By: garrett

Re: Heck of a platform - 02/04/16 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Limit Extender
That has disaster written all over it, unless of course Garrett gets involved. He has boat building prowess, and has been known as a developer of innovative technologies.

I already have my architect doing some preliminary sketches to see if these would be worth while for me
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Heck of a platform - 02/04/16 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: duckbill
Wal, you just can't help but search craigslist every now and again for pontoons can you? loco_too

I like prowling the for sales. My mother was a picker and I HATED picking back then. I guess it is in my DNA because I would do that for a living in a minute.
Posted By: Ridn9high

Re: Heck of a platform - 02/04/16 09:08 PM

My uncle built two floating blinds with pontoons. We used them a lot when the property flooded. They did a lot of welding to build the frame. One had very big pontoons, we were able to pull the boat under the blind. Both blinds had electric winches that operated an anchor. We also put skids on the bottom of the pontoons so we could drag them out of the rice fields after season.

They worked really well. The best part was the ice chest and propane camp stove we would have in the blind. Slow morning weren't too bad when breakfast was cooking.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum