Texas Hunting Forum

I'm not sure if I invented this or not...

Posted By: Guy

I'm not sure if I invented this or not... - 01/25/16 12:15 PM

Is it just me, not sure if someone told me this, or its my own discovery, but it's bad luck to pull your duck strap out of the blind bag and hang it up, unless you shoto at least one duck, 2 is better. I mean it's ok to get it ready inside the bind bag, where you can grab it real quick, but you just can't pull it out. Man, I learned all this the hard way.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: I'm not sure if I invented this or not... - 01/25/16 12:20 PM

Last time i caught a 300 lbs tuna in hawaii i ate 2 bananas on board just before that confused2

Re: I'm not sure if I invented this or not... - 01/25/16 12:24 PM

Just once? You need at least 2 dots to connect.
Posted By: john paul

Re: I'm not sure if I invented this or not... - 01/25/16 01:41 PM

I try not to be superstitious but I feel like sometimes if I even bring a duck strap the hunt is going to suck
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: I'm not sure if I invented this or not... - 01/25/16 01:56 PM

Never thought of that, but now that I have I'm sure it will be bad luck for me as well.
Posted By: QuackShack

Re: I'm not sure if I invented this or not... - 01/25/16 02:02 PM

Im all for being positive that ducks are going to come in and die, but the strap stays in the bag till one does.
It is bad luck and if you do come up empty it hurts even worse having to put it back up empty.

Re: I'm not sure if I invented this or not... - 01/25/16 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: QuackShack
Im all for being positive that ducks are going to come in and die, but the strap stays in the bag till one does.
It is bad luck and if you do come up empty it hurts even worse having to put it back up empty.

Oh you nailed it, taking it down empty, putting it back in the blind bag, that alone is reason not to do it. Lol.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: I'm not sure if I invented this or not... - 01/25/16 09:57 PM

It must be nice to have a blind to put a blind bag in. I have to wade into my hunting spot so the strap is already on my wader belt.
But, the first time I walked in with my new strap I walked out with a Mallard hen on it.
Posted By: duckboogieman

Re: I'm not sure if I invented this or not... - 01/26/16 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Guy
Man, I learned all this the hard way.

Don't feel bad, we all did..... The strap is not even mentioned until we are DONE!!!

It's the same with setting out an even number of decoys. Every well breed duck hunter knows that the duck gods hate even numbers!!!
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: I'm not sure if I invented this or not... - 01/26/16 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: john paul
I try not to be superstitious but I feel like sometimes if I even bring a duck strap the hunt is going to suck

It's like filling the live well up before you start fishing. Don't do it! grin
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: I'm not sure if I invented this or not... - 01/26/16 04:58 PM

I usually have two in my bag. A leather one and a cheap Avery one. A strap doesn't get pulled out until it's time to head out and it's needed. I will usually let the dog/s carry a bird out to lighten the load. If there are more birds than dogs and I'm feeling really lazy I will just send the dog back to the pile from the truck.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: I'm not sure if I invented this or not... - 01/27/16 06:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Guy
Is it just me, not sure if someone told me this, or its my own discovery, but it's bad luck to.....

I have a homemade leather strap that's accompanied me on many hunts that is typically either attached to a D-ring on my camelback, waders, pocket, or belt loop. I've never been jinxed, but it has put an end to most of the claimer BS shenanigans by azz clowns who attempted (emphasise ATTEMPTED) to claim birds that I know d__m well that I shot.

Amazes me how many folks fail to hit birds inside their SOTP yet seem to always hit the birds I shoot that are in mine (or in my face).

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum