Texas Hunting Forum

Where to Look for Duck Property Near Houston

Posted By: rclester89

Where to Look for Duck Property Near Houston - 01/12/16 12:37 AM

Gents, a conversation I had this past weekend in the blind has piqued my interest in purchasing some acreage for duck hunting. The majority of my duck hunting has taken place on leases in Wharton county near Garwood/Altair/Eagle Lake. While I am fairly knowledgeable about this area, I realized I have no idea where else to look. I'd love to hear some opinions on where you might look if you wanted to buy a place exclusively for duck hunting that is within a 2 hour drive from central Houston (general vicinity - not looking to steal honey holes). My only criteria is that I'm not interested in buying property strictly for the access to coastal bays/waterways, the whole reason I'm looking to buy is so I can be the only one hunting. Thanks for your input!
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Where to Look for Duck Property Near Houston - 01/12/16 01:44 AM

Ideally, for patos, you would want 5-6 small properties spread out east, west, north and south of each other.
Posted By: john paul

Re: Where to Look for Duck Property Near Houston - 01/12/16 01:34 PM

http://www.landwatch.com/default.aspx?ct...mp;utm_source=0
Posted By: BallerCaller

Re: Where to Look for Duck Property Near Houston - 01/12/16 05:07 PM

I agree if it is for ducks only, a small property with a couple of tanks or some fields that can be manipulated that are close to large bodies of water or rivers would be your best bet. Just depends on how much you want to spend. I bought a 15 acre property in North Texas this year for duck hunting. It is close to the Brazos river and both ponds hold ducks.
Posted By: yakinthebox

Re: Where to Look for Duck Property Near Houston - 01/12/16 05:14 PM

The area down near the Brazoria refuge has always peaked my interest. Angleton, Freeport area...

Re: Where to Look for Duck Property Near Houston - 01/12/16 05:17 PM

And I'd like some acreage over on the east side too maybe near Anahuac or Winnie. Somewhere between the coast and I-10. But I'd also want something north of I-10 so I could hit up north zone too...
Posted By: john paul

Re: Where to Look for Duck Property Near Houston - 01/12/16 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: yakinthebox
And I'd like some acreage over on the east side too maybe near Anahuac or Winnie. Somewhere between the coast and I-10. But I'd also want something north of I-10 so I could hit up north zone too...

See my post above

Re: Where to Look for Duck Property Near Houston - 01/12/16 08:45 PM

Oh to win the lottery... Lol
Posted By: Teamjefe

Re: Where to Look for Duck Property Near Houston - 01/13/16 02:51 PM

landsoftexas.com

Lots of properties listed here by county. If I was you I would look for a piece of property that generates income and some hunting opportunities.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum