Texas Hunting Forum

Great weekend! Public land!

Posted By: q-all

Great weekend! Public land! - 01/11/16 12:43 AM

Got to get out and hunt the last 2 mornings. Had a full crew of 4 guys Saturday am and we killed em pretty good. 4 man limit of teal and ringers, (only 4). Out of the 20 teal 19 were drakes, and by no means we're we picking them out. Crazy stuff.

Only one buddy could go today, we hunted a timber hole and were done by 8, all mallards. We could of shot a 4 or 5 man limit easily. Screwed around at first light though and shot 4 out 4 in 2 groups hence the 4 hens.

I have hunted public water exclusively this year ranging from north Texas to central Oklahoma and have ended up having one of my better seasons. I feel like the birds are really starting to show up in solid numbers and we should have a consistent end to the season. When u find them there's a lot of them. Duck depression is going to come way to soon! Gotta get that conservation snow goose hunt lined up!

Posted By: VegasMallard

Re: Great weekend! Public land! - 01/11/16 02:24 AM

Awesome!
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Great weekend! Public land! - 01/11/16 02:41 AM

Do selfiesticks count towards your limit?
Posted By: TTUGrad08

Re: Great weekend! Public land! - 01/11/16 02:46 AM

Good shooting!
Posted By: q-all

Re: Great weekend! Public land! - 01/11/16 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMallard
Awesome!

Haha! My buddy got this one over Xmas in a gift exchange.
I won't lie it took pretty cool pics and was nice to get everyone in one shot.

I guess u can say I am now a selfie ho.
Posted By: jcbroussard97

Re: Great weekend! Public land! - 01/12/16 01:19 AM

Public Hunting is can be so rewarding. It also can be so frustrating. Looks like your hunts were more rewarding than frustrating. Congrats.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum