Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for Goose Hunt for 2

Posted By: GravyWheels

Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/05/16 04:28 PM

As the title says, looking for a goose hunt this season for me and my wife. She loves to duck hunt, but has never gotten the chance to shoot geese. Prefer not to hunt snows. Looking for Canada's and/or cranes. Don't want to be mixed into another group of hunters either. Let me know what you got.
Posted By: aggiegadwall

Re: Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/05/16 04:58 PM

Blackfoot in Lubbock still has a couple weekday slots
Posted By: blackfoot

Re: Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/05/16 05:20 PM

I get $1,350 for a private group.

Re: Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/05/16 10:08 PM

eek2

Re: Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/06/16 01:03 AM

My break even is 3.3 hunters. Why I require a minimum of four to book on open weekday date. You will get mixed though. For a private party I require 6 people or you can pay the price of 6 people which is $1,350. No outfitter worth their salt is going to take just two people. Lose money on that deal. Best bet is to try and find someone to tag along with.
Posted By: Run-N-Gun Adventures

Re: Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/06/16 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: blackfoot
My break even is 3.3 hunters. Why I require a minimum of four to book on open weekday date. You will get mixed though. For a private party I require 6 people or you can pay the price of 6 people which is $1,350. No outfitter worth their salt is going to take just two people. Lose money on that deal. Best bet is to try and find someone to tag along with.

Exactly what he said, we are pretty much the same.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/06/16 01:32 PM

so, if one or two hunters offered "say" $900. you would rather stay home & sit on the couch?

Re: Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/06/16 08:50 PM

No actually. 16th season doing this, I'm a business man first.. Learned that quantity doesn't beat quality in the long run.... Run two party days only, 7 days a week. due to weather sometimes I'm forced to run three to do makeups.....I'm not staying home, will be out scouting... But not burning a field of 4-10,000 birds for 2 people when I can run 6-10. It just sits an extra day, and one of my 3 guides get to rest and they doesn't get burned out. All on salary anyways and they get days off. I will run 4 for $1,350 though but I'm booked out for the season already, Gotta look at the business side implications folks.,.. B
Posted By: Run-N-Gun Adventures

Re: Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/07/16 04:20 AM

No actually. 16th season doing this, I'm a business man first.. Learned that quantity doesn't beat quality in the long run.... Run two party days only, 7 days a week. due to weather sometimes I'm forced to run three to do makeups.....I'm not staying home, will be out scouting... But not burning a field of 4-10,000 birds for 2 people when I can run 6-10. It just sits an extra day, and one of my 3 guides get to rest and they doesn't get burned out. All on salary anyways and they get days off. I will run 4 for $1,350 though but I'm booked out for the season already, Gotta look at the business side implications folks.,.. B

Exactly!
Posted By: 1 Year Wonder

Re: Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/07/16 12:21 PM

Very good post. All these bearded little duck dynasty wannabe's don't understand that business is business. Dam I hate millennials.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/07/16 02:07 PM

I pay in euros

Re: Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/07/16 05:10 PM

I've been around long enough, and I understand business. Just wish there was someone that would take smaller groups
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/07/16 05:34 PM

Your best bet for a guided trip for 2 for goose would be to book a duck hunt with someone that may have a few resident geese flying in to water mid morning. That way they won't burn up a field. Just an option. Would take a few calls to different north texas/Oklahoma outfitters.

Re: Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/07/16 05:41 PM

Try JJ....He usually has a few heavies he can put a few folks on.

Re: Looking for Goose Hunt for 2 - 01/07/16 11:08 PM

Called and left message with JJ two days ago. Still no callback...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum