Texas Hunting Forum

do Sandhill cranes make frequent pit stops in row crop farm land?

Posted By: Hilltop0111

do Sandhill cranes make frequent pit stops in row crop farm land? - 12/22/15 07:04 PM

I just posted up today to see what was flying but all I seen was flocks of white birds on the row crops. New to hunting so didn't want to start shooting something I wasn't supposed to. This is in south Texas.

Thanks
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: do Sandhill cranes make frequent pit stops in row crop farm land? - 12/22/15 09:51 PM

White egrets? confused2

Re: do Sandhill cranes make frequent pit stops in row crop farm land? - 12/23/15 03:32 PM

Do egrets fly in this pattern? Pretty sure they were Sandhill crane. Are they good eating or only used to mount?
Posted By: NMGW

Re: do Sandhill cranes make frequent pit stops in row crop farm land? - 12/23/15 03:41 PM

Sandhill crane is Ribeye of the sky. WAY better than duck or goose. Chicken fry it, grill it, stir fry it. My favorite by far.

grill food
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: do Sandhill cranes make frequent pit stops in row crop farm land? - 12/23/15 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: NMGW
Sandhill crane is Ribeye of the sky. WAY better than duck or goose. Chicken fry it, grill it, stir fry it. My favorite by far.

grill food

But they aint white.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: do Sandhill cranes make frequent pit stops in row crop farm land? - 12/23/15 05:25 PM

I wouldn't be shooting any white cranes....
Posted By: NMGW

Re: do Sandhill cranes make frequent pit stops in row crop farm land? - 12/23/15 06:09 PM

Shoot the white ones and you won't be shooting anything for a while... bolt

Re: do Sandhill cranes make frequent pit stops in row crop farm land? - 12/23/15 06:10 PM

There is multiple flocks landing. These that I photographed where grey with some markings below breast. The white birds may be egrets but I can distinguish between a grey and a white bird. And I checked again and I'm by the bay and I think I fall into an excluded area for Sandhill crane so I'm only going to be able to watch them.. The wonder the population is so high with them here
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: do Sandhill cranes make frequent pit stops in row crop farm land? - 12/23/15 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Hilltop0111
I'm only going to be able to watch them.

That is probably a good thing.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: do Sandhill cranes make frequent pit stops in row crop farm land? - 12/23/15 06:32 PM

The white ones will whoop your savings account in no time

Re: do Sandhill cranes make frequent pit stops in row crop farm land? - 12/24/15 12:27 AM

Lol. NO they aren't whooping cranes. But those are the newyork strip of the sky and I'd take em too... Just joking. [censored]. A joke. I've only shot dove men. I ain't trying to go to jail for a damn bird. I'll buy the sum bitch before I try doing that illegal crap.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum