Texas Hunting Forum

Gun for my wife

Posted By: HornSlayer

Gun for my wife - 12/21/15 02:03 PM

What gun recommendation for my lady.
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Gun for my wife - 12/21/15 02:14 PM

I think Garett shoots a SBE II.

You need to stick with the B guns and have her shoulder each one. Let her see what fits.
Posted By: kindall

Re: Gun for my wife - 12/21/15 02:19 PM

Don't know about your wife, but the maxis fits me better than a lot of the other shotguns. My husband was kinda sad that I didn't pick a SX3.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Gun for my wife - 12/21/15 02:25 PM

My wife shoots a Weatherby SA-08 - fits her well and is pretty light.
Posted By: tuf-duc

Re: Gun for my wife - 12/21/15 02:39 PM

Need a little more info. How tall is she? Frame size? Women usually will need a gun with a shorter Length of Pull. 20ga. or 12ga. If she is small in stature a Youth model might be the best way to go. You most definitely will need a gun that has the ability to Shim the stock to fit correctly. Here's a simple way to check her fit, tape a straw to the rib of the gun youre interested in, have her shoulder the gun with her cheek firmly on the stock she should be able to see thru the straw looking at the bead at the end of the barrel.
Posted By: tuf-duc

Re: Gun for my wife - 12/21/15 02:39 PM

Need a little more info. How tall is she? Frame size? Women usually will need a gun with a shorter Length of Pull. 20ga. or 12ga. If she is small in stature a Youth model might be the best way to go. You most definitely will need a gun that has the ability to Shim the stock to fit correctly. Here's a simple way to check her fit, tape a straw to the rib of the gun youre interested in, have her shoulder the gun with her cheek firmly on the stock she should be able to see thru the straw looking at the bead at the end of the barrel.
Posted By: JRR

Re: Gun for my wife - 12/23/15 09:44 PM

Benelli ultra light
Posted By: agChuck

Re: Gun for my wife - 12/25/15 10:10 AM

Benelli montefeltro. Bought my wife one a few months ago. She loves it.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Gun for my wife - 12/25/15 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By: agChuck
Benelli montefeltro. Bought my wife one a few months ago. She loves it.

+1
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Gun for my wife - 12/25/15 12:15 PM

Mossberg sa-20. Its a fantastic shooting and fitting shotgun for a woman. My wife can shoot hers all day without complaint. It hasnt had a hiccup either. Maybe 500 rds through hers, so not a true endurance test. I liked it so much that i got one for myself as a backup. Makes a great walking gun as well, very light for when quail hunting
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Gun for my wife - 12/25/15 02:18 PM

Beretta 28 gauge A400
Posted By: Cooter II

Re: Gun for my wife - 12/26/15 12:45 AM

My wife shoots a Benelli SBE. She loves it, and gives me a quality back-up to my SBE. Mainly shoots 2 3/4" & 3". But we got the SBE at a great price. My wife loves the gun, and it fits her to boot.
Posted By: Central texas

Re: Gun for my wife - 12/26/15 01:10 AM

My wife likes her Benelli , just have her shoulder a few and see what feels comfortable to her
Posted By: RC Hunter

Re: Gun for my wife - 12/27/15 12:53 AM

Benelli ultra lite wife loves hers
Posted By: nak

Re: Gun for my wife - 12/27/15 04:16 AM

Mrs Nak shoots a 12g Beretta 3091, with a custom 'camo' Duracoat job.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum