Texas Hunting Forum

Mudbuddy help

Posted By: fourtrax

Mudbuddy help - 12/14/15 01:57 AM

Little help needed. I have a mudbuddy mini 23 vanguard. This morning my fuel line would not hold a prime. I fixed that problem. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because I'm by far no mechanic and don't know if it may have caused the problems I'm having now. After fixing my fuel line problem it started up fine. I got it up on step to run it across the lake and after a short distance it made a "crackling" sound and shut down just like I turned the key off, no fire. Had a hard time getting it to start and when it did it now has a miss. I've checked my kill switch, pulled one plug at a time while it was running to see if I could narrow down to one cylinder or the other, That just made it run worse. Any ideas on where to start or anyone else had this trouble? Thanks!
Posted By: hunt91

Re: Mudbuddy help - 12/14/15 02:32 AM

Paging Rick McCurley!!
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Mudbuddy help - 12/14/15 02:50 AM

By "crackling" do you mean detonation?

Re: Mudbuddy help - 12/14/15 03:13 AM

Yea I guess. It was real short and fast/close together back fires and that was it, shut down like the key had been turned off while I was running 3/4 throttle.

Re: Mudbuddy help - 12/14/15 03:31 AM

What did the plugs look like?

Re: Mudbuddy help - 12/14/15 04:12 AM

They are brand new put in b4 season started. Going to pull them in the morning and see what they look like. Ya think with me screwing around b4 day light trying to get the line to hold a prime and it to run may have caused one to foul?
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Mudbuddy help - 12/14/15 09:04 AM

Sounds like a fuel problem, either gas, fuel line, airlock from what you described, or something clogging your fuel entering your carb thru one of the jets. Either way if rule all those out and still have an issue you may want to take it to a lawnmower shop.

Re: Mudbuddy help - 12/14/15 11:17 AM

If it is pinging/detonating you are probably starving for fuel and running lean.
Posted By: GravyWheels

Re: Mudbuddy help - 12/14/15 02:13 PM

Sounds like still having a fuel feed issue. Replace fuel line, inline filter and bulb. Also replace fuel fitting on tank. Cheap parts and no loss if not the whole problem. Ethanol blows
Posted By: Boudreaux

Re: Mudbuddy help - 12/14/15 02:28 PM

Those marine fuel lines are bad about deteriorating internally and collapsing. The liner separates from the inside and restricts flow. Seems the new fuel is to blame, or poor quality hoses, lets blame the fuel since we all hate it anyway.
Posted By: b1c2r3r4

Re: Mudbuddy help - 12/14/15 05:23 PM

They make a fuel line and primer bulb that is supposed to stand up to ethanol.

Re: Mudbuddy help - 12/14/15 06:39 PM

Thanks for the help guys!
Posted By: lakewaydr50

Re: Mudbuddy help - 12/15/15 05:23 AM

Does the fuel system use a fuel bulb like and outboard?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum