Texas Hunting Forum

Good Morning!

Posted By: BradyBuck

Good Morning! - 12/12/15 08:16 PM

We were fortunate to get some rain over the split which brought the water level up so we could hunt in some cover. It made a huge difference!

We had maybe 1/4 of the birds we had two weeks ago and still did really good. Ducks decoyed better than they have all season. It was fast and furious and then shut down quick. We need some cold weather bad!!

A few dead bushes was the best cover we've been able to hunt in all season.

Two for the wall. Drake and hen pintail

Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Good Morning! - 12/12/15 08:31 PM

cheers
Posted By: Guy

Re: Good Morning! - 12/12/15 11:16 PM

So ducktoon not getting any love? grin

Looks like a good spot there buck. cheers
Posted By: Fishuhalik

Re: Good Morning! - 12/12/15 11:21 PM

You ain't kidding about needing some cold weather. A buddy from Minnesota just sent me this. This is the access at one of our favorite ice fishing lakes. We were usually driving pickups on the ice by now

Re: Good Morning! - 12/12/15 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Guy
So ducktoon not getting any love? grin

Looks like a good spot there buck. cheers

Ducktoon is out of commission for the time being. When we have time we are going to make a few modifications and brush the crap out of it.

I think it can still work but for now the layouts are working good.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Good Morning! - 12/12/15 11:40 PM

My advice, cut some windows in ducktoon where you can watch ducks work, turn it into a bar where you talk duck killing strategy.

Re: Good Morning! - 12/12/15 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Guy
My advice, cut some windows in ducktoon where you can watch ducks work, turn it into a bar where you talk duck killing strategy.

You know the hatches on top worked pretty well and we could sit and watch ducks work but it was just a pain to get up and off of the elevated platform inside.

I think the plan is to put some supports in the middle and cut one sidewall in half and remove half the roof to make it work more like a traditional duck blind.
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Good Morning! - 12/13/15 03:24 AM

Wish I had time and was that crafty. wore Ghilli suit top today and sat in grass- 6 inches of water. Pretty cool- forgot lay downs.
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Good Morning! - 12/13/15 02:43 PM

Great pic up

Posted By: Sweese

Re: Good Morning! - 12/13/15 03:15 PM

I like seeing the your dog's focus - probably heard em' coming before you. It was a good morning for sure.

Re: Good Morning! - 12/15/15 07:04 PM

Well I sent the two pintails off this morning to Birdman Studios.

I've got three with him already. My first was sent in January of 2015. I was told via email a few days ago he is working on birds from April of 2014.

Hope it's worth the wait.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Good Morning! - 12/15/15 07:27 PM

I try not to be critical of another man's creation. Please forgive the unsolicited information. The ducktoon is awesome. I would however lighten the load. There are at least 10 wall studs and the bench that could/should go. So far as a house, wall studs are critical. For a duck blind, especially a stationary blind, half of what you have there needs to go.

Re: Good Morning! - 12/15/15 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: wal1809
I try not to be critical of another man's creation. Please forgive the unsolicited information. The ducktoon is awesome. I would however lighten the load. There are at least 10 wall studs and the bench that could/should go. So far as a house, wall studs are critical. For a duck blind, especially a stationary blind, half of what you have there needs to go.

No big deal. The weight really doesn't matter it's not going anywhere and it floats.

The bench is probably going since we aren't going to be shooting out the top any more. Bench is going and then taking out half a wall and half the roof.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum