Texas Hunting Forum

Trying out the rain gear

Posted By: Blue drake

Trying out the rain gear - 11/28/15 01:09 AM

Headed out tomorrow morning north/east of Dallas. Going to try out my drake waterfowl gear. We will see how water repellant it is.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Trying out the rain gear - 11/28/15 01:38 AM

Does it say water proof? Drake is good brand, I have a couple drake jackets myself but they are not water proof..
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Trying out the rain gear - 11/28/15 02:28 AM

Take a before and after pic.
Posted By: Jacob645

Re: Trying out the rain gear - 11/28/15 02:31 AM

I'm just happy when my waders are waterproof.

Re: Trying out the rain gear - 11/28/15 03:07 AM

I will try and take a before picture without my jacket and then after without. It depends on if my hunting buddy pansy out or not. I only buy waterproof gear so hopefully it will withstand the rain for a while. I will post my results tomorrow after the rain. Good luck to all the Real Deal Hardcore Waterfowlers out tomorrow
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Trying out the rain gear - 11/28/15 04:09 AM

My drake jacket is waterproof to a point. Eventually if it is a heavy rain it will soak through. I still like my frog tog cover the best.

Re: Trying out the rain gear - 11/28/15 04:19 AM

If I don't go out in the rain I'm not real deal hardcore?

cry

Re: Trying out the rain gear ***update*** - 11/28/15 04:12 PM

Drake waterfowl gear kept me dry and warm. Yes it rained hard and light the whole time. Ducks wouldn't corporate with me this morning. Gonna give it a try again tomorrow!
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Trying out the rain gear - 11/28/15 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Erichugh22
My drake jacket is waterproof to a point. Eventually if it is a heavy rain it will soak through. I still like my frog tog cover the best.

Wore mine today. Held up well. We called it at 8:30. Wore natural gear that looks like synthetic soft material. Weighed about 20lbs after being in pouring rain a few hours yesterday - but I remained bone dry.

Today was miserably cold. Figured ducks would move better when it slowed down to a spit. Didn't happen

Re: Trying out the rain gear ***update*** - 11/28/15 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Blue drake
Drake waterfowl gear kept me dry and warm. Yes it rained hard and light the whole time. Ducks wouldn't corporate with me this morning. Gonna give it a try again tomorrow!

No pics?

Were you out in the elements or in a blind?
Posted By: Guy

Re: Trying out the rain gear ***update*** - 11/28/15 08:59 PM

worthless
Posted By: ultralite09

Re: Trying out the rain gear ***update*** - 11/28/15 09:27 PM

Wore my drake 3 in 1 jacket for years, it is more so water resistant, not water proof. Was completely happy with my purchase though cause I bought the 3 in 1 jacket and a pair of drake wader pants for $90 total. Wore them for 3 years till it got to the point where I would get wet just from boat spray or a light rain, sold both for $60 and made the switch over to Sitka gear. Cant beat gore tex fabric and how it actually is 100% waterproof.
Posted By: Guitars&Guns

Re: Trying out the rain gear ***update*** - 11/29/15 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: ultralite09
Wore my drake 3 in 1 jacket for years, it is more so water resistant, not water proof. Was completely happy with my purchase though cause I bought the 3 in 1 jacket and a pair of drake wader pants for $90 total. Wore them for 3 years till it got to the point where I would get wet just from boat spray or a light rain, sold both for $60 and made the switch over to Sitka gear. Cant beat gore tex fabric and how it actually is 100% waterproof.

Interesting....I've worn Drake jackets for several years and have never gotten wet like you describe. I'm talking riding in boat with heavy spray, to riding ATV, to sitting out in the rain like this morning. I don't doubt Sitka has a better waterproof system but I can't see parting with the premiums they want when my drake gear has worked great.

Heck, I remember the days when all we had were Walls coveralls and mud boots. Our options today are light years ahead.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum