Texas Hunting Forum

My First duck hunt

Posted By: Jbell99

My First duck hunt - 11/08/15 08:57 PM

Today was my Dads and I first duck hunt had a lot of fun! We are already planning more duck hunts this season wanted to tell everyone thank you for the advise in the post I made a few weeks ago it came in handy.
Posted By: zbot11

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/08/15 09:10 PM

Looks like you guys figured it out! Good work.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/08/15 09:39 PM

Congrats.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/08/15 10:18 PM

up
Posted By: No-Tox

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/09/15 04:26 PM

Heck of a hunt for your first time. Congrats.
I do have a question for you. You didn't grow up duck hunting, so what is it that got you into duck hunting this year? I'm just wondering what it is that gets someone later in life to take up the sport, especially when it isn't family or friend that gets them involved. Just curious.
Posted By: ronlhodges

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/09/15 08:11 PM

Congratulations ! Look like some mighty fine ducks there ! Just out of curiousity can you share what gun , size and choke you used ? I'm kinda in the market for a set of chokes for a Remington 870 Express 12-ga , 28" barrel . It comes with a mod choke but looking to get a Full and IC .
Posted By: M Wilson

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/09/15 08:36 PM

concrats!
Posted By: Fallen Feathers Taxidermy

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/09/15 08:44 PM

Congrats to ya
Posted By: Hogman4127

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/09/15 10:03 PM

Nice

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/10/15 01:57 AM

I've always loved the outdoors and fished a lot. Earlier this year my Dad had a major heart attack we almost lost him and a few weeks later he had a stroke and my whole family work a lot including a lot of weekends so we all decided we are going to try and enjoy life more and make more memories. We always talked about going hunting so we planned a duck hunt also going to try and go on a pig hunt as well.

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/10/15 02:01 AM

I used a Berreta a300 shooting 3 inch shells the shot was 4 as far as the choke I didn't switch them out I used what came in it from the factory I asked the guide what to use and he told me most of his guns he's never even messed with it he uses whatever comes with it
Posted By: No-Tox

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/10/15 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Jbell99
I've always loved the outdoors and fished a lot. Earlier this year my Dad had a major heart attack we almost lost him and a few weeks later he had a stroke and my whole family work a lot including a lot of weekends so we all decided we are going to try and enjoy life more and make more memories. We always talked about going hunting so we planned a duck hunt also going to try and go on a pig hunt as well.

Good for you making great memories with your dad on new adventures.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/10/15 03:20 AM

Looks like a great hunt, congratulations!!!

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/10/15 04:27 AM

Thank y'all it definitely won't be my last we both enjoyed it and are booking more im going deer hunting this weekend haven't gone deer hunting since I was 7
Posted By: Creek2Creek

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/10/15 03:14 PM

That is how you get hooked!
Posted By: Matpk

Re: My First duck hunt - 11/10/15 07:35 PM

up clap up
Great job buddy.
Every father will be proud to have son like you.
Keep it up..God Bless you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum