Texas Hunting Forum

Another "people suck" thread!

Posted By: LuckyDucker_TTU

Another "people suck" thread! - 11/07/15 06:11 PM

Went out to hunt this morning out near Lubbock. Not a great hunt me and my buddy got three ducks total. I wasn't able to scout this week so I ended up setting up in the wrong spot. Didn't have many fly out way but it was better than nothing. Anyway to the point, was packing up and leaving and came across three discarded teal. Whoever shot them didn't even attempt to clean them. I guess they figured if they don't get a limit they're not worth keeping. On top of that these people didn't even bother to pick up their spent shells so I went ahead and did that for them. Put in a call to the game warden but he was busy so i went ahead and called the office of the land owner to let them know what I found. The nice lady workin said she knew who it was and that they would no longer be allowed back. How would you have handled it?
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Another "people suck" thread! - 11/07/15 06:14 PM

You did the right thing
Posted By: sallysue

Re: Another "people suck" thread! - 11/07/15 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Erichugh22
You did the right thing
Posted By: Central texas

Re: Another "people suck" thread! - 11/07/15 06:26 PM

Same , u did the right thing
Posted By: RayB

Re: Another "people suck" thread! - 11/07/15 06:43 PM

You did the right thing

Hate to sound like a parrot but!
Posted By: LuckyDucker_TTU

Re: Another "people suck" thread! - 11/07/15 06:51 PM

Not looking for a pat on the back but it just really pissed me off. One of the landowners passed on early in the year and they were pretty strict about gaining permission this year. They definitely made sure to mention to pick up after yourself.

Either way hope everyone that made it out did well and made it home safe.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Another "people suck" thread! - 11/07/15 08:02 PM

Three birds isn't enough for internet cred.

Glad they at least get some punishment. The Warden should get the info from the landowner and have a visit.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Another "people suck" thread! - 11/07/15 10:19 PM

What else can you do? I think you nailed it. Hopefully, L/O will speak with warden during the week when it's less busy.
Posted By: lakewaydr50

Re: Another "people suck" thread! - 11/08/15 01:57 AM

You did the right thing
+1
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum