Texas Hunting Forum

well it was a wet one

Posted By: Erichugh22

well it was a wet one - 11/07/15 04:10 PM

But we got it done, should have had a 3 man limit but we lost 2. Called it quits at 16. Still had birds coming in to the wetland when we left. All of these were new arrivals, the wetland has been empty the last couple days. Mixed bag with redheads, pintails, wigeon gadwalls a ringer and a spoonie. It absolutely poured rain the entire time.

Posted By: BadLander

Re: well it was a wet one - 11/07/15 04:12 PM

Good Job man . Great looking Lab
Posted By: shooterwalter

Re: well it was a wet one - 11/07/15 04:17 PM

yea rained here all morning. have not talked to hunters yet and I heard them going off so they had something
Posted By: Fishuhalik

Re: well it was a wet one - 11/07/15 06:15 PM

Man did we get wet too. The 2 9 year olds hung in there but the birds just weren't having it. Goose egg today. only birds we saw was 4 woodies headed right for us...while we were picking up the dekes. Friggin eh, every time
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: well it was a wet one - 11/07/15 07:19 PM

It was also my buddies first big duck hunt. His dog is also out of the same litter at mine. This was the first time they met since then. The only time they had a problem with each other was when they had to share the bird pile for the picture. I decided to run a big spread to hopefully pull down any traffic birds that passed by, seemed to work out well. Everything decoyed perfectly and everything we shot came from way the heck up high.

Posted By: Fooshman

Re: well it was a wet one - 11/07/15 08:04 PM

Nice!

Glad yall got into them. Good looking pups.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: well it was a wet one - 11/07/15 10:13 PM

Great looking dogs and sounds like a good opener.

We saw zero birds but heard some shots and calling down the road from us. We have a great line of sight and never saw any birds in the air, so kind of hard to know what they were doing.

We did hear some geese, which would be awesome.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum