Texas Hunting Forum

Saturday forecast

Posted By: wal1809

Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 10:52 AM

There is a Pacific disturbance again. It is bound for Texas and threatens to drop 3 to 4 inches of rain ON the opener.
Posted By: TxDuck24

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 10:53 AM

Will be out there lol

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 10:58 AM

I rode that new boat yesterday and didn't see one duck. That boat can't make it to the back in the back lakes but not one duck.
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 11:50 AM

how's the new boat run? bet it's nice!
Posted By: john paul

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 11:58 AM

It is going to have to be storming pretty bad for me to miss the opener. As long as it isn't lighting and thundering I will be out there.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 01:31 PM

Plus there are no birds, probably best to stay inside and watch football.
Posted By: Spacemonkey

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 01:37 PM

This comming weekend is youth only! Correct?
Posted By: Guy

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Spacemonkey
This comming weekend is youth only! Correct?

Yes, north zone only.

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 01:49 PM

Thanks yeah I wasn't sure if I was reading it right
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 02:44 PM

All the pros know that the ducks don't get to Texas until Kansas ices over for 2 weeks straight. No need to hunt until then.
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 02:59 PM

congratulations on going pro, killer
Posted By: Fishuhalik

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 03:25 PM

Yup, absolutely no adult hunting in the north or south zone will be open, so yall better just stay home...
Posted By: RayB

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 03:48 PM

My wife says I act like a 3 YO so I can go right?

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Barny Topwater
My wife says I act like a 3 YO so I can go right?

Is there any other way to act? I'll grow up when I'm dead! muyloco
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 04:02 PM

No ducks in centex Texas, move along.
Posted By: Elpatoloco

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: wal1809
There is a Pacific disturbance again. It is bound for Texas and threatens to drop 3 to 4 inches of rain ON the opener.

Awesome, we can add it to the 7/10 we got from the last flood. I sure hope San Angelo gets some of it.

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 06:47 PM

South zone has some birds, we're not suppose to get rain till 8-9am so hopefully we can get in and out before it gets bad
Posted By: john paul

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: TxDuck24
South zone has some birds, we're not suppose to get rain till 8-9am so hopefully we can get in and out before it gets bad

Not that any forecast will be accurate this far in advance but where did you see an hourly report? Maybe I can look at it and it will make me feel better

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 08:04 PM

Weather underground
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/27/15 08:07 PM

It's looking like it might get here and leave quicker than they originally thought. Some models have taken rain out of the forecast in central Texas on Saturday. Oh hell we're doomed. grin
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/28/15 12:59 AM

I rode that new boat yesterday and didn't see one duck. That boat can't make it to the back in the back lakes but not one duck.

My 25 acre lake was at about 40 acres. Went from down 3 feet to plus 4. 16 inches rain will do that. Saw teal and few groups of big ducks north and south of 20. Got tons of food. Can't wait

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/28/15 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: TxDuck24
Will be out there lol

Going to ask if you guys are smoking crack- south zone 31st

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/28/15 01:46 AM

It's calling for thunder storms Saturday morning on the Lower laguna, I may have to start a little later in the day.

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/28/15 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave Speer
All the pros know that the ducks don't get to Texas until Kansas ices over for 2 weeks straight. No need to hunt until then.

Guides never post a thing until thanksgiving week or 2nd split in N Tx- can still have good hunts for a few guns- better get Everything to work

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/28/15 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985

It runs very good. I just need to learn the boat and it's limitations. By that I mean I had to give up what I am used to. I ran a Dargel scooter for years. I didn't have to worry about water depth, if there was water I could go. This boat can't do that. We idled into some shallows until the keel stuck. I am guessing 12 to 13 inches deep. I tried being easy getting it out. I just had to stop being a P**** and romp that TRP and let it do what it is designed to do. So that led to a "I am learning this right now" moment. So the end result was popping in top in 16 inches over hard sand. I am good with that. I like the way it rides. I am used to my flat scooter beating my teeth out. This boat cuts the chop and you can't feel it. It cruises at what was top speed on a flat day with my Dargel.

So far as ducks. If anyone is hunting POC this next weekend, look at the bright side, you're not going to spend a dime on shells. We spent a good bit out on the water yesterday and we haven't seen one duck.
Posted By: Cappy_TX

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/28/15 02:32 PM

Looks like more rain forecast around here on Friday rather than Saturday. http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=75447

The N Zone regular season doesn't open until 11-7, youth only this weekend.

Youth-Only
High Plains Mallard Management Unit Oct. 24 - 25, 2015
North Zone Oct. 31 - Nov. 1, 2015
South Zone Oct. 24 - 25, 2015
Regular Season
High Plains Mallard Management Unit Oct. 31 - Nov. 1, 2015
Nov. 6, 2015 - Jan. 31, 2016
North Zone Nov. 7 - 29, 2015
Dec. 12, 2015 - Jan. 31, 2016
South Zone Oct. 31 - Nov. 29, 2015
Dec. 12, 2015 - Jan. 24, 2016

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/28/15 02:36 PM

It runs very good. I just need to learn the boat and it's limitations. By that I mean I had to give up what I am used to. I ran a Dargel scooter for years. I didn't have to worry about water depth, if there was water I could go. This boat can't do that. We idled into some shallows until the keel stuck. I am guessing 12 to 13 inches deep. I tried being easy getting it out. I just had to stop being a P**** and romp that TRP and let it do what it is designed to do. So that led to a "I am learning this right now" moment. So the end result was popping in top in 16 inches over hard sand. I am good with that. I like the way it rides. I am used to my flat scooter beating my teeth out. This boat cuts the chop and you can't feel it. It cruises at what was top speed on a flat day with my Dargel.

So far as ducks. If anyone is hunting POC this next weekend, look at the bright side, you're not going to spend a dime on shells. We spent a good bit out on the water yesterday and we haven't seen one duck.

That's crazy, a buddy sent me a video from the lower laguna yesterday of flocks out thousands picking up as he was driving around on his boat.
Posted By: garrett

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/28/15 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Erichugh22

That's crazy, a buddy sent me a video from the lower laguna yesterday of flocks out thousands picking up as he was driving around on his boat.

there is one constant...duck hunters are liars, way worse than fishermen, either your buddy is messing with you or wal is messing with everyone...no one really knows for sure, its a crazy world we live in up
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/28/15 04:20 PM

Busted!
Posted By: kdub

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/28/15 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Greekangler
Originally Posted By: Dave Speer

Guides never post a thing until thanksgiving week or 2nd split in N Tx- can still have good hunts for a few guns- better get Everything to work

That's because most N TX guides hunt ponds (not trying to start any public vs private chiznit). From my experience the ponds in N TX don't really start producing until the 2nd split, but if you hunt big water you can kill plenty of teal and gadwalls during the 1st split.

Re: Saturday forecast - 10/29/15 03:31 AM

Today we saw our first ducks. One group of 75 redheads. There could be birds in the back lakes but not near enough for me to even think about going.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum